2019 Madison Scouts!

10 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I already searched, and found nothing.  All I can add is that he was on Cavaliers brass staff in 1977.  IIRC, he was caption head for them for that one season.

Why is there so much hostility toward anyone who asks this?  Elvord was a respected instructor (and also a judge, according to his HOF bio).  Surely someone must remember roughly when he did these things.

In an incestual and small activity like DCI, too many people know each other personally. Any criticism made toward someone from the "old guard" is taken as a personal affront on DCP

30 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

And what makes you think that? 

History, it has a way of repeating itself.

• Like 2

Just now, tesmusic said:

History, it has a way of repeating itself.

You must have missed me defending Madison and its members from the ridiculousness of some of their DCP alumni all season this past summer. 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

You must have missed me defending Madison and its members from the ridiculousness of some of their DCP alumni all season this past summer. 

Nope, caught that as well. I'm speaking in general, not isolated points in history.

16 hours ago, FlamMan said:

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Elvord a couple of years ago at one of the Scout shows in WI, I think it was Whitewater maybe. He is an engaging & intelligent guy. I remember him talking about what a great easy to understand & well designed drum corps show The Academy had. He didn't say much during the Scouts performance.I remember thinking that here is a guy who is logical & should still be involved in drum corp.  While he may not have the design resume of others, no way can he be any worse than what we have seen out of Bloomington under this current Scout regime. Returning the Scouts to what many of us think of when we think of the Madison Scouts would be a step forward, not backward. Playing jazz/Latin & being entertaining & bad a** would be unique in the activity.

I marched in ‘74 during his run.....he had incredible leadership skills, he was a motivator, he came down on us when we deserved it, lifted us when we needed it.  I think his most outstanding quality is intelligence.  I firmly believe he is a step ahead and will not accept mediocrity.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

In an incestual and small activity like DCI, too many people know each other personally. Any criticism made toward someone from the "old guard" is taken as a personal affront on DCP

I am not criticizing.  For all I knew, he was gone after 1977.  Now I find out he worked with SCV, 27, Southwind?  That could be some impressive work.