2019 Madison Scouts!

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

And who said they should just fire them without having a replacement?  Why the deflecting? I am saying it plainly. I think CK and DP need to be replaced.  If you disagree, fine. But don't try to turn the discussion into a strawman that doesn't exist. 

Can someone help me find a dead horse, I think it needs to be beaten again. 

Do something to assist the corps/organization or turn the record off. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

And who said they should just fire them without having a replacement?  Why the deflecting? I am saying it plainly. I think CK and DP need to be replaced.  If you disagree, fine. But don't try to turn the discussion into a strawman that doesn't exist. 

At least have the intestinal fortitude to write out their full names. 

5 hours ago, Mad75 said:

Fact...They haven't been looking...

that's fine. I do believe though they need to be looked at. there's been a ton of rumors about finances, and the constant turnover in staff, have been issues. I realize the alumni is at war with themselves and the corps administration which can't help. I don't see those guys doing anything or getting anyone in place to help bring it together.

I'll say one thing...even with the horrible accusations leveled at Hopkins, his removal energized and brought the Cadets family together in ways unimagined since the 80's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

i get what you're saying. youre also demanding a scalp now without a plan B in place. 

I personally am underwhelmed by them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mad75 said:

Wrong...Komnick and Peterson had NOTHING to do with these hires.  

Highly unlikely that Elvord was brought in without the input of the Exec Director and Corps Director. If so, than who would have hired him? The Board that you guys also despise?

I hope for the current members' sake that the corps next year has a better product, but man, there's never really been a corps whose alums do a worse job of acting like public ambassadors for their brand than Madison's.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

Highly unlikely that Elvord was brought in without the input of the Exec Director and Corps Director. If so, than who would have hired him? The Board that you guys also despise?

I hope for the current members' sake that the corps next year has a better product, but man, there's never really been a corps whose alums do a worse job of acting like public ambassadors for their brand than Madison's.

I'm pretty sure Mad75 is saying that Elvord made the decisions to hire the just announced brass, percussion, visual, & color guard staff members -- that's his job as artistic director/staff coordinator. The Exec Dir. made the earlier announcement that Elvord had been hired, so obviously he had a lot to do with that particular decision.

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Because they don't agree with you?  Maybe they prioritize different values than you do.

Mike 

Yes. Maybe they're the only corps that doesn't value competitive success. Could be. 

It's cute to see the Scouts leadership team has a borg. 

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i get what you're saying. youre also demanding a scalp now without a plan B in place. 

No no no. Never said that. I would like to see them replaced WITH the plan B executed at the same time.