2019 Madison Scouts!

6 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Well, there was the recent bit where it was brought to light that he welcomed a registered sex offender into multiple corps he supervised...

Thanks. I haven't been here in a long time so I am way behind and out of the loop.

6 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Well, there was the recent bit where it was brought to light that he welcomed a registered sex offender into multiple corps he supervised...

Multiple? The Kilties and who? 

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Multiple? The Kilties and who? 

Capitolaires or Sound I believe 

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Capitolaires or Sound I believe 

Morgan Larson was the reason that the Capitalaires were shut down, and Scott combined them with the Junior Scouts to create Capital Sound. After Morgan was arrested and convicted, he was not part of Capitalires, so Scott did damage control and created the coed Capital Sound. Capitalaires were also not under the MDBCA (the organizations name at the time), so Scott had no control over them, nor their hiring choices. The only time Scott brought ML in was with Kilties.

• Like 2

Just now, dark-helmet said:

I hate the way people read into this, thank you for setting them straight.  You may not like the way Scott sees the world, but he did everything he could to take care of his members in Madison, in addition to helping other corps survive.

Just trying to get facts out there. I understand people being upset about ML being with the Kilties, but there is no pattern here, and if people want to get upset, they should also look into those in charge of Midwest Connection and the Jim Ott Brass Ensemble Third Coast for enabling ML as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Just trying to get facts out there. I understand people being upset about ML being with the Kilties, but there is no pattern here, and if people want to get upset, they should also look into those in charge of Midwest Connection and the Jim Ott Brass Ensemble Third Coast for enabling ML as well.

We have 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

We have 

Then wouldn't it be best to have facts straight on Scott Stewart in regards to Morgan Larson?

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

Then wouldn't it be best to have facts straight on Scott Stewart in regards to Morgan Larson?

I didn’t presume anything in relation to scouts. I just said after the Larson stuff he needs to be out of drum corps 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I didn’t presume anything in relation to scouts. I just said after the Larson stuff he needs to be out of drum corps 

You also said he had allowed Larson to be part of Capitalaires/Capital Sound, which is why I responded in the first place. It is true he was the director of the Capitalaireas, but that was nothing to do with Scott. He was then arrested and convicted, thus forming Cap Sound, which he was not part of in any regard, nor was he part of the Scouts organization other than his drum corps career before the Capitalaires, until the whole Kilties, Midwest Connection, and Jim Ott BE.

• Like 1