2019 Madison Scouts!

To get things back on track for this thread, Madison announced David Lofy as the new corps director. Here’s wishing the best for him and for the Scouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

To get things back on track for this thread, Madison announced David Lofy as the new corps director. Here’s wishing the best for him and for the Scouts.

Does he replace DP or CK?

2017: Really appreciated the boldness of that whole concept and willingness to challenge us to see a different Scouts.

2018: Appreciated this less, and mostly kept frowning in confusion over the idea. I didn’t hate it, though.

2019: Really curious to see what’s put on the field next.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news how the last camp went? Are they fielding a full Corps? It's hard to tell from the montage video

that they posted. It's basically an interview with one of the Drum Majors about how excited he is that they are

teaching the members how to be better men! I hope they also teach them how to be better marchers, performers

and entertainers! We'll. See I guess.

Edited by Nine White Russians

I find it rather silly to wonder if there will be fewer than 150 young men who want to be part of the Madison Scouts. I know zero about the organization other than the perspective of a drum-corps fan, yet I consider it out of the question that they will field anything less than a full corps. If there is any evidence to the contrary, I would be surprised.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, mjoakes said:

2017: Really appreciated the boldness of that whole concept and willingness to challenge us to see a different Scouts.

2018: Appreciated this less, and mostly kept frowning in confusion over the idea. I didn’t hate it, though.

2019: Really curious to see what’s put on the field next.

2016: Disaster

2017: Disaster

2018: Apocalyptic Disaster

Seeing this doesn't give me any hope for the 2019 season:

Chris Komnick, Chief Executive Officer
Dann Petersen, Programs Director

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I find it rather silly to wonder if there will be fewer than 150 young men who want to be part of the Madison Scouts. I know zero about the organization other than the perspective of a drum-corps fan, yet I consider it out of the question that they will field anything less than a full corps. If there is any evidence to the contrary, I would be surprised.

While I will be surprised if they are fewer than 150 that may be where they are headed if the BOD doesn't step up. Back when I marched Madison was a place a lot of people wanted to march with. I sure as hell wouldn't want to march there today.