2019 Madison Scouts!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything about the 2019 show at all?

18 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

Sadly, no. Like all other corps, things remain so under wraps until pretty much start of tour. I'm usually all in and supportive, but I feel this year has been one of the worst in communication for the corps, and activity. Sad thing is, with the struggles Madison has had in recent years, there has been virtually no communication with the alumni-which was a problem that was said to be getting addressed, and virtually NOTHING in regards to recruiting. It's quite disheartening. There are so many ways to get the brand out there, and recruiting information, much of it costing little to nothing to the corps and those channels aren't being addressed. Something has to change.

31 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

The music is awesome.  I am really enjoying watching it come together.

2 hours ago, churchboy said:

I agree the music is terrific! 

With Chuck arranging, I don’t doubt that. Unfortunately, I’m not confident and won’t be until at least mid July. Btw, this coming from someone that even in the leanest of years since I aged out in 1999 was all in. But I have to see to believe based on so many disappointments and lack of transparency, which was said to have been coming.

Well, I hope and pray that everything turns out for the good for them this season. It’s just a little disheartening not hearing anything about what is going on with the corps. But I suppose that is just the nature of the activity itself now.

55 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

Well, I hope and pray that everything turns out for the good for them this season. It’s just a little disheartening not hearing anything about what is going on with the corps. But I suppose that is just the nature of the activity itself now.

I hear you, and share the disapointment. However, if there is any consolation, Madison Scouts are no different than most DCI Corps in giving fans any info. Only a small handful of Corps have released the info on their theme/ music for this season. It really is the nature of the activity these days ( as you stated ). Corps do have the right to do this, and I do understand some of the rationale for it. But is this a business model that is embraced by other sports and other youth activities that intend to grow their activity ? Oh heavens no. So growth of the activity is seemingly not as important as other things we must conclude from this relatively new and novel approach to keep fans unengaged beyond approx 9 weeks out of the 52 week year. But don't blame your Madison Scouts for this, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 2

Well the few reports I have heard say that the music is great and I'm looking forward to seeing 

what they've come up with! That said, I don't like how modern Corps are playing this game of hush-hush.

It doesn't build anticipation, it doesn't help promote shows, and it does nothing to give them any 

competitive edge. In this age of social media,  and the public craving content, Corps are really

missing out on huge opportunities to promote themselves/recruit/sell merch/etc. And Madison

desperately needs all of the above these days!!!

• Like 3