2019 Madison Scouts!

15 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

That said, I don't like how modern Corps are playing this game of hush-hush.

It doesn't build anticipation, it doesn't help promote shows, and it does nothing to give them any 

competitive edge. In this age of social media,  and the public craving content, Corps are really

missing out on huge opportunities to promote themselves/recruit/sell merch/etc. And Madison

desperately needs all of the above these days!!!

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, dark-helmet said:

Perhaps it has something to do with the time it takes to get the rights to use the music?  I would also like to hear something, guess I'll have to sneak up to indy.

Quoting just to compliment your moniker. One of my favorite movie lines- "Comb the desert!" "We ain't found s***!"

But back to the show plans being double secretive, a semi-serious question. Are DCI MMs bound by contract or NDA to keep their mouths shut during the off season? It's just incredible to believe that literally nothing leaks out to social media/message boards of what's going on. 

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Quoting just to compliment your moniker. One of my favorite movie lines- "Comb the desert!" "We ain't found s***!"

But back to the show plans being double secretive, a semi-serious question. Are DCI MMs bound by contract or NDA to keep their mouths shut during the off season? It's just incredible to believe that literally nothing leaks out to social media/message boards of what's going on. 

That part I do commend the members for. Not that I like that they're keeping their mouths shut, but in today's age of social media and access to information, it's impressive from a self-control standpoint.

4 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Well the few reports I have heard say that the music is great and I'm looking forward to seeing 

what they've come up with! That said, I don't like how modern Corps are playing this game of hush-hush.

It doesn't build anticipation, it doesn't help promote shows, and it does nothing to give them any 

competitive edge. In this age of social media,  and the public craving content, Corps are really

missing out on huge opportunities to promote themselves/recruit/sell merch/etc. And Madison

desperately needs all of the above these days!!!

licensing dictates a lot of this

6 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

.... It's just incredible to believe that literally nothing leaks out to social media/message boards of what's going on.

It is not incredible to me. Leaks are typically a sign of disrespect and betrayal. Neither of which are character traits of those who engage in the top level of DCI.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

It is not incredible to me. Leaks are typically a sign of disrespect and betrayal. Neither of which are character traits of those in the Mafia who honor the code of Omerta.

Quite true. :ninja:

Edited by Fran Haring

As stated earlier I would guess a lot of the secrecy has a lot to do with licensing issues. 

28 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Quite true. :ninja:

I was and am refering to the honesty of the youth within the top DCI corps. Therefore by rewriting my post you just called the youth of the Scouts, the youth, Mafia who honor the code of Omerta. So would you like to retract that statement, or to you are the youth actually like members of the Mafia?

7 hours ago, Stu said:

I was and am refering to the honesty of the youth within the top DCI corps. Therefore by rewriting my post you just called the youth of the Scouts, the youth, Mafia who honor the code of Omerta. So would you like to retract that statement, or to you are the youth actually like members of the Mafia?

Of course I wasn't doing any such thing, Stu. I was just making a joke, period.  A bad one, I'm sure. LOL. Just being silly. The people who know me best know I've been silly for just about my entire life. 

But this is an example of the "Stu World" we all live in here.  "Mountain-Out-of-Molehill Land."  :laughing:

Love ya, Stu.... agree with you on several issues, love your sense of humor on a lot of things... but is there any chance you can perhaps go a few weeks or so without parsing every single word every one of us ever says on these forums, or lying in wait for a "gotcha" moment?

Sheesh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1