2019 Madison Scouts!

20 hours ago, tesmusic said:

That part I do commend the members for. Not that I like that they're keeping their mouths shut, but in today's age of social media and access to information, it's impressive from a self-control standpoint.

Agree. When telling us about camps and spring training our son always began and ended his story with "don't share this with anyone!" He's normally cautious with sharing private stuff anyway but his level of awareness around the secrecy involved was something else.

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

licensing dictates a lot of this

It does. At one corps I worked for (around 2010) we submitted in November and we had to call and ask a particular foundation in April .... Just to find out we were denied and had to scramble to change the show. I still wonder what that show would have been like with that particular piece of music. 

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Of course I wasn't doing any such thing, Stu. I was just making a joke, period.  A bad one, I'm sure. LOL. Just being silly. The people who know me best know I've been silly for just about my entire life. 

But this is an example of the "Stu World" we all live in here.  "Mountain-Out-of-Molehill Land."  :laughing:

Love ya, Stu.... agree with you on several issues, love your sense of humor on a lot of things... but is there any chance you can perhaps go a few weeks or so without parsing every single word every one of us ever says on these forums, or lying in wait for a "gotcha" moment?

Sheesh.

It’s one thing to make a joke but I would get upset if someone edited my post in order to do so. 

• Haha 1

It is important for the leadership and management team to think about and understand the Scouts' fans, donors, and boosters. Even if there are valid reasons for the timing of when information on the show is released, there should be better communication on the why and when and this would be a different discussion. Transparency and empathy are important leadership skills. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, madisonsmiley said:

It is important for the leadership and management team to think about and understand the Scouts' fans, donors, and boosters. Even if there are valid reasons for the timing of when information on the show is released, there should be better communication on the why and when and this would be a different discussion. Transparency and empathy are important leadership skills. 

Sad thing is, this was said to have being addressed and changing in some way. I have yet to see it.

55 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

It’s one thing to make a joke but I would get upset if someone edited my post in order to do so. 

Fair enough, and I apologize for any offense. You are one of many folks on here whom I respect quite a bit.  I certainly hope the Scouts have a great 2019... I have a number of friends who marched there through the years.  Would love to see them back in that top 6 contention mix someday.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Of course I wasn't doing any such thing, Stu. I was just making a joke, period.  A bad one, I'm sure. LOL. Just being silly. The people who know me best know I've been silly for just about my entire life. 

But this is an example of the "Stu World" we all live in here.  "Mountain-Out-of-Molehill Land."  :laughing:

Love ya, Stu.... agree with you on several issues, love your sense of humor on a lot of things... but is there any chance you can perhaps go a few weeks or so without parsing every single word every one of us ever says on these forums, or lying in wait for a "gotcha" moment?

Sheesh.

Ok, I parse words too much and I missed the joke this time. So here is a Steve Martin quote to make up for it: "Me mama dog face to the banana patch". He proposed that parents teaching kids to talk wrong was a good practical joke to play on teachers.

Edited by Stu

16 hours ago, Stu said:

I was and am refering to the honesty of the youth within the top DCI corps. Therefore by rewriting my post you just called the youth of the Scouts, the youth, Mafia who honor the code of Omerta. So would you like to retract that statement, or to you are the youth actually like members of the Mafia?

there are some things you just don't talk about. Unless you like sleeping with fishes

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Sheesh.

oh wow. you got Fran to go Ream level snark. That's impressive

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

actually releasing information only to have to scramble and release changed information has caused a lot of issues elsewhere ( see Allentown PA and former leadership). I'd rather they make sure they have their ducks in a row and then tell us as opposed to constantly having to update on changes etc. Hasn't hurt other organizations staying so quiet the last few years

• Like 1