2019 Madison Scouts!

On 4/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, steelchops said:

I’m not sure the crazies are exactly  “driving the bus.”  I think they “own the bus company” but realize the bus company wasn’t delivering and also partly realize there is pressure to perform. I think if Madison does not improve DP and probably CK are toast.

I believe that is why they hired a winner like Jimmy Elvord who is 1. Extremely intelligent; 2. Introspective and able to learn and  improve upon previous experience (proof-1974 vs 1975) and  3. JE is very Humble-again a personality trait of a “true” winner not someone who licks into presiding over a winning system.

I am not impressed that DP, as a leader, has an aggressive will to win- I think he’s trying to straddle winning with something else.....I dunno 

CK and DP should have been toast after 2018, if not 2016 and 2017.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, tesmusic said:

There have been calls for it for years, mostly quiet, but it’s been suggested, requested, etc since at the last 20 years or so. 

😮 I didn’t know the pressure had been going on for that long. I believe if the Scouts would have remained as competitive on the field as the other green team I doubt they would have started getting that pressure to go coed at all.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

CK and DP should have been toast after 2018, if not 2016 and 2017.

Exactly. These 2 have a record of failure.

• Like 1

I like it. Both the selections and the fact that they put it out there. You go, James Elvord. 

eb1njn.jpg

“Afterburners” by Chuck Naffier... 
Assuming this must be a Chuck Naffier original composition... can't find anything on this one.
“Backlash” by Simon Dobson
YES!! This one has a very Madison vibe to it.. the old-schoolers should dig this one
“715-Creeks” by Bon Iver
YAWN... Sorry... this Imogen Heap clone does nothing for me... the old-schoolers will hate this one. Might as well be called 715 Winks because that's what is gonna be happening during this part of the show.
“Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra” by Benjamin Britten
Love this piece of music, but I don't see how this fits in with the rest of the show thematically. Gonna have to be some pretty creative arranging to make this one work... Not so sure about this one.
“Spinning Wheel” – Blood, Sweat & Tears
Nice. 
“One Voice” by Barry Manilow
Again... I dunno about this one. Seems really mellow to me.. possibly too mellow to be a closer.

Overall, I am not quite completely underwhelmed, but neither am I jumping out of my chair for this one.. I have no doubt the performers will work their backsides off and be great with this.. I just wish they'd been given something better to work with. This show is screaming 15-17th place to me I'm afraid.

Edited by Cainan

And the 2019 Madison Scouts  Guard/ Visual Show survey says.........

opps.... TV time out... we'll return to our Madison Scouts Game Thread after this brief Commercial break..... Stay Tuned..