2019 Madison Scouts!

23 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Saw this after a rare visit to the DCI page. I like the confidence from the Scouts this suggests. Of putting their show out there ahead of others and talking about some of these details - khaki unit? - kind of nonchalantly.

https://youtu.be/TnVjX9LN71

Also liked hearing the contra guy imply that the general title allows for playing great music, maybe without a heavy-handed theme and story that has to be beaten to death.

Shades of the 2010 "no theme" show, perhaps? 

I have no idea.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

30 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Shades of the 2010 "no theme" show, perhaps? 

I have no idea.  LOL.

No theme sounds good to me. But then again, I don’t get most of the themes underlying the shows. So maybe it doesn’t matter.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mjoakes said:

No theme sounds good to me. But then again, I don’t get most of the themes underlying the shows. So maybe it doesn’t matter.

What was that series about drum corps in 2016?  I can’t remember the name. 

They asked some the Cadets members about their show Awakening/Statues Awakening/Awakening again ...they tried but I don’t think that they even knew what it was about. I know I didn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

What was that series about drum corps in 2016?  I can’t remember the name. 

They asked some the Cadets members about their show Awakening/Statues Awakening/Awakening again ...they tried but I don’t think that they even knew what it was about. I know I didn’t. 

Clash of the corps

• Thanks 1

I wander what the theme is then.

I’m curious to see how the colors will be used visually with that khaki color palette. Red would logically appear to be much needed color to be used.

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 1

No theme, no props, no problem! I'm getting excited for what's in store for this season! James Elvord speaks a lot about

not only upping the game in terms of entertainment value, but also about upping the level of execution and technique, which

has fallen off in recent years. I hope they acheive that, because I've missed seeing a Scouts Corps that can march like muther######s!!!

And as a former staff member of mine once said - Clean is it's own effect!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

No theme, no props, no problem! I'm getting excited for what's in store for this season! James Elvord speaks a lot about

not only upping the game in terms of entertainment value, but also about upping the level of execution and technique, which

has fallen off in recent years. I hope they acheive that, because I've missed seeing a Scouts Corps that can march like muther######s!!!

And as a former staff member of mine once said - Clean is it's own effect!

Agreed! Here is the link to the updated video by DCI detailing more of the show design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIO7eRyAdsI 

The simplicity of it all will be a stark contrast to the current trends and nature of the activity. No doubt they will capture the crowd! No inherent concept or story, no props or set pieces, just the theme of entertainment and the feeling of "...the Madison Scouts are putting their foot on your throat." as Mr. James Elvord suggests. I'm stoked!

• Like 1

We shall see if a back-to-the-future approach works with the judges. I’m pretty sure it will with the crowd.