2019 Madison Scouts!

I was guessing that the hat would be more like the marine corps garrison hat that folds over the belt when not being worn.

On 5/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, HockeyDad said:

Will they read yours?  🤔

I absolutely hope so, and it's for all the right reasons.  😇

On 5/31/2019 at 12:38 AM, Mad75 said:

From what I'm being told via those who've been in attendance at the Scouts spring training is that the percussion section is presently head and shoulders the strongest and most mature section of the corps.  Overall though, the corps is VERY young this year, especially the horn line.  I've also been told that it appears that they're still looking to fill a number of guard positions, but that the rest of the corps is apparently full.  The overriding report is that the Men of Madison are absolutely loving the show and that those in attendance are unanimously very impressed and thrilled by the music along with overall sound and visuals!  An early BIG setback has been that the weather is not cooperating which means they're somewhat behind on the visual package.  Overall, it sounds like everyone is in great spirits and they're genuinely jazzed.  Everyone who's given me first hand reporting is telling me that the 2019 Madison Scouts are going to hit us square between the eyes with unmistakable Madison!...Let us hope this is true.

Good news Jerry...but if I had a nickle for every year that I heard how great the Scouts drum line was going to be... hopefully one of these years. 

Saw some of the evening ensemble work tonight at Franklin High School, the Scouts having taken a day away from their woodsy camp in Trafalgar. Some good potential in the music to my ears, though that isn't saying much (about my ears, not their music). They've only been together two weeks, and I've no idea what they should be sounding like at this point.

Happy to see there isn't one of those gratuitous, 90-second, tip-toe quiet openings.

I counted 24 in the guard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Saw some of the evening ensemble work tonight at Franklin High School, the Scouts having taken a day away from their woodsy camp in Trafalgar. Some good potential in the music to my ears, though that isn't saying much (about my ears, not their music). They've only been together two weeks, and I've no idea what they should be sounding like at this point.

Happy to see there isn't one of those gratuitous, 90-second, tip-toe quiet openings.

I counted 24 in the guard.

I believe we’re at somewhere between 26-28 guard right now, we’ve had an illness running through the corps so nearly a dozen people got quarantined from rehearsal for the day, including myself unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rudy18 said:

I believe we’re at somewhere between 26-28 guard right now, we’ve had an illness running through the corps so nearly a dozen people got quarantined from rehearsal for the day, including myself unfortunately.

Thanks for the guard numbers update, @Rudy18. Thus, the few guys near me with medical face masks.

FWIW, I am enthusiastic about what I saw and heard and anxious to see it come together in Muncie. Also always impressed at Scouts camp with the professionalism of the members and staff in rehearsals. (Or in what little of rehearsals that I can see.) Hope you are having a great experience so far and with a great tour ahead.   

• Like 3

I also saw the Scouts at Franklin HS on Sunday evening and I can confirm that this show is going to be absolutely fantastic. It was unfortunate seeing some members sitting out presumably sick, thanks to good ole Indiana weather. It’s obvious that the men are enjoying the show and one of the members even asked me if I was enjoying it as well (which I was!). All I have to say is, watch out, the Men of Madison are coming. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ripchops said:

I also saw the Scouts at Franklin HS on Sunday evening and I can confirm that this show is going to be absolutely fantastic. It was unfortunate seeing some members sitting out presumably sick, thanks to good ole Indiana weather. It’s obvious that the men are enjoying the show and one of the members even asked me if I was enjoying it as well (which I was!). All I have to say is, watch out, the Men of Madison are coming. 

I am generally an optimistic glass half full kind of a guy, and as an old school guy, I am very excited about the prospects for this years scout show. However...every year in spring training we hear how great Madison is going to be. I hope this year is the year!

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

I am generally an optimistic glass half full kind of a guy, and as an old school guy, I am very excited about the prospects for this years scout show. However...every year in spring training we hear how great Madison is going to be. I hope this year is the year!

I’m not encouraged by those guard numbers, but hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlamMan said:

now I understand your Cubs' logo.