2019 Madison Scouts!

18 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Watched a couple of hours of rehearsal tonight, and liked it all. It's rare for me to find any show these days that doesn't have at least a few minutes of music I find esoteric and so, for me, uninviting. But everything so far has been great stuff from the Scouts.

Took me 40 minutes to realize there was no guard on the field.

I’m just praying that the show will come across well in today’s drum corps era with everybody having the need to use props on the field to tell a story.

Im dying to see what the Scouts are doing. These next few days are going to feel like some of the longest days of my life. 

Guard will likely be a weak spot for them.   They had many holes at the beginning of move-ins.   They had to beg some alumni to come back (they asked ALOT of folks) And had to offer no (or seriously reduced) tour fees.   I was following a guard tech that was tweeting way too much (he has since locked his account) and he was not complimentary to the members.   It will be interesting to see what they are able to do this summer.  

1 hour ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Guard will likely be a weak spot for them.   They had many holes at the beginning of move-ins.   They had to beg some alumni to come back (they asked ALOT of folks) And had to offer no (or seriously reduced) tour fees.   I was following a guard tech that was tweeting way too much (he has since locked his account) and he was not complimentary to the members.   It will be interesting to see what they are able to do this summer.  

Sounds like a tough start. But here’s hoping they all perform their best.

Guard has been full for the past couple weeks, and there has been big improvements there since. Our dress rehearsal tomorrow will unfortunately not be in the official uniforms, but we will be wearing the shirts the alumni helped sponsor for us.

2 minutes ago, Rudy18 said:

Guard has been full for the past couple weeks, and there has been big improvements there since. Our dress rehearsal tomorrow will unfortunately not be in the official uniforms, but we will be wearing the shirts the alumni helped sponsor for us.

What is full? Originally it was said Elvord hoped for 60 to audition for 40 spots, then the number was changed to 36, is that the number?

3 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Calm down gurl.
Mandarins did fine with a bad guard in 2018.

Stay in your lane. 

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1