2019 Madison Scouts!

Have a great Season, Madison!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, msesq said:

My experience is that most communication is being facilitated via the 1938 Facebook page for donors.   This includes photos and video from camps, interviews with staff (including an interview months ago with Jim Elvord, in which he showed a mock-up of the uniform/costume), and live streams (including yesterday's performance).  Makes some sense to incentivize donors with exclusive access, IMO.  As to the unis/costumes not being available until first show (or beyond), that is an activity-wide issue as others (including SCV) didn't have unis/costumes for first performance last year, if memory serves me correctly.

I do understand the donor thing, but as someone who barely makes it paycheck to paycheck, I can’t do it, so it pushes alums like me and others away from that option. When I’ve got to choose between keeping the house and feeding the kids, obviously that’s the choice. Not that I’m looking for pity, but that sort of model being the only way to get early info pushes a large number of people into the “have nots” category, as to the “haves.” Just doesn’t seem like the best way to go about things when our alumni base is already so fractured. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I do understand the donor thing, but as someone who barely makes it paycheck to paycheck, I can’t do it, so it pushes alums like me and others away from that option. When I’ve got to choose between keeping the house and feeding the kids, obviously that’s the choice. Not that I’m looking for pity, but that sort of model being the only way to get early info pushes a large number of people into the “have nots” category, as to the “haves.” Just doesn’t seem like the best way to go about things when our alumni base is already so fractured. 

Understood.  Maybe check out the restarted Madison Scouts Alumni Association.  No cost to join - simply need to update contact information in CorpsData.

33 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I definitely understand how you feel on that Tesmusic.

1 hour ago, Rudy18 said:

tMQde4b.jpgFirst uniform tease

Even though you can't tell much from that, so far...Nice! 

• Like 2