2019 Madison Scouts!

I know why it’s not impossible to imagine a Scouts financial mgmt reason behind the uniforms not arriving. It doesn’t sound so far like anyone here has any evidence for it, so it’s just speculation.

And isn’t right now, start of the tour, a good time for corps’ cash flow? 

1 hour ago, Dmuniz_crossmen_fan said:

Agree.  I was thinking either a payment or order timeliness issue.  Reposting that Stanbury post about weather was a really terrible decision.  

There was a post on Facebook from a Stanbury sales person that stated that it’s hard for Stanbury to keep up with such high demand of corps (and marching bands) getting new uniforms every year. 

• Like 1

Folks, I've worked with Stanbury several times for uniforms. Both with a World Class Drum Corps, and with high school bands. And I was in my college marching band when we got uniforms from Stanbury. Their production facilities and schedules are extremely efficient and they run a tight ship. Every time I have worked with them, our orders have "come off the assembly line" and out the door they go - often at the last minute. This could all be due to last-minute tweaks and changes from the designers, fabric availability, etc. And I trust the folks at Stanbury. When they say storms came through and knocked out the power, I have no reason to NOT believe them. Like mjoakes said, anything else is speculation and baseless rumor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, combia1 said:

Folks, I've worked with Stanbury several times for uniforms. Both with a World Class Drum Corps, and with high school bands. And I was in my college marching band when we got uniforms from Stanbury. Their production facilities and schedules are extremely efficient and they run a tight ship. Every time I have worked with them, our orders have "come off the assembly line" and out the door they go - often at the last minute. This could all be due to last-minute tweaks and changes from the designers, fabric availability, etc. And I trust the folks at Stanbury. When they say storms came through and knocked out the power, I have no reason to NOT believe them. Like mjoakes said, anything else is speculation and baseless rumor.

I don’t blame Stanbury

• Like 2

I don’t know what the reason is for the no uniforms. It is surprising to me that they didn’t have them weeks ago. I do, however, remember 1993 Star wearing the 1992 uniforms for a couple weeks into the 1993 season. So, let’s not jump the gun. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don’t know what the reason is for the no uniforms. It is surprising to me that they didn’t have them weeks ago. I do, however, remember 1993 Star wearing the 1992 uniforms for a couple weeks into the 1993 season. So, let’s not jump the gun. 

They still had a plan other than T-shirt’s.

And they are, of course, A ####### disaster. Good Grief, someone save this corps from this administration. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1