2019 Madison Scouts!

Wonder if they (admin and board) suffer from the Dunning-Krueger Effect. Blind to their own areas of incompetence, but think they are amazing leaders. I’m tired of hearing what a great experience and learning environment they are providing the guys while slipping further and further into irrelevance. In the corporate world, they would have been shown the door about 5 years ago!

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, JeffreyJK68 said:

Wonder if they (admin and board) suffer from the Dunning-Krueger Effect. Blind to their own areas of incompetence, but think they are amazing leaders. I’m tired of hearing what a great experience and learning environment they are providing the guys while slipping further and further into irrelevance. In the corporate world, they would have been shown the door about 5 years ago!

Yes. All of this. 

Loved the music and marching tonight, as seen un-ideally on Flo. The uniforms, too. Bunch of work to do - like all the other corps. Good luck heading to Hamilton.

• Like 3

Welp...🤷‍♂️

Some of my thoughts:

I like the music. The chords at the end of Young Person's Guide are something I haven't heard in decades, but I remember those types of chords from the 70's and 80's shows being common. Visually, there are some cool things going on, especially at the end of Backlash. 

Only complaints I have are that there are many opportunites to add some body movement that would help sell the show more. I'm not a huge fan of the modern body movement corps are incorporating, but I'm sure there are things they have done in the past that would work in moments where not much is going on visually. There are some rough transitions between songs, but I'm hoping they come up with something that makes the show flow better. Just a suggestion, but I feel like the closer needs a soloist at some point. If they are trying to mimic the old closers that the Scouts did, they all had a soloist in there, and "One Voice" is just calling for it in my opinion. The brass sounds a bit dirty and young, but I'm hoping they can improve a lot over the next few weeks. I do appreciate this kind of show, but there are many things they could do to make it better to sell it to the audience.

Edited by Tupid_06
grammar
  • Like 4

On 6/23/2019 at 12:46 AM, queenanne_1536 said:

It HAS TO BE the Board of Directors fault. They have now balls.

This. The Cadets model must be implemented. Flush the rubber stamp board of directors. Only then can a new board get rid of DP and CK, who are not sufficiently self-aware to step down like they should do. 

• Like 3