2019 Madison Scouts!

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Maybe there is.  Maybe it is so bad, that I should correct my post:

85.  Uniforms are late.  Must be admins/BOD fault.  Fire the admins/BOD.

86.  Factory power outages caused uniforms to be late.  Fire the admins/BOD.

Or maybe the count should have held at 84.

Carry on.

May I ask a few clarifying questions of you:  are you saying you’re okay with the present direction of the corps?  Are you okay with a 16th place finish possibly two years in a row, and missing finals 3 of the last 4 years?  The bleed off of talent?  The generally accepted idea that Madison is not a destination corps, rather a one season stop prior to getting into the corps you really want?  Just wondering. Because that’s the problem here. Not whether the costumes were delivered on time. You seem to be belittling the legitimate and very grave concerns many people have. I’m wondering why. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Maybe there is.  Maybe it is so bad, that I should correct my post:

85.  Uniforms are late.  Must be admins/BOD fault.  Fire the admins/BOD.

86.  Factory power outages caused uniforms to be late.  Fire the admins/BOD.

Or maybe the count should have held at 84.

Carry on.

Or maybe you should stay away from attempts at humor, because that’s not it.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

May I ask a few clarifying questions of you:  are you saying you’re okay with the present direction of the corps?  Are you okay with a 16th place finish possibly two years in a row, and missing finals 3 of the last 4 years?  The bleed off of talent?  The generally accepted idea that Madison is not a destination corps, rather a one season stop prior to getting into the corps you really want?  Just wondering. Because that’s the problem here. Not whether the costumes were delivered on time. You seem to be belittling the legitimate and very grave concerns many people have. I’m wondering why. 

I doubt you will like my answers, because I think you are asking the wrong questions to begin with.

When I hear "legitimate and grave concerns many people have", I think about whether the marching members are safe, healthy, getting what they paid for, and that the corps is fulfilling their mission.  I do not hear any concerns of that nature.  Instead, I hear about 16th place, missing finals, and vague generalities about "destination corps".  Frankly, those competitive concerns deserve to be "belittled" when they blow that far out of proper perspective.

From the Madison Scouts website:

"Our mission is to provide programs for youth in music and performance training through a positive environment that emphasizes character and social development, leadership, self-discipline, and the pursuit of excellence."

Top 16, top 12 and "destination corps" are not part of the mission statement.  If you think those things should be the mission of the Madison Scouts, then you need to do even more than just fire the admins/BOD.  

• Like 2

Is Madison marching a full corps?  What is the current number in the guard?  I heard that Madison was marching around 28 in the guard.  If so, I hope they will be allowed to add a few more.

33 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I doubt you will like my answers, because I think you are asking the wrong questions to begin with.

When I hear "legitimate and grave concerns many people have", I think about whether the marching members are safe, healthy, getting what they paid for, and that the corps is fulfilling their mission.  I do not hear any concerns of that nature.  Instead, I hear about 16th place, missing finals, and vague generalities about "destination corps".  Frankly, those competitive concerns deserve to be "belittled" when they blow that far out of proper perspective.

From the Madison Scouts website:

"Our mission is to provide programs for youth in music and performance training through a positive environment that emphasizes character and social development, leadership, self-discipline, and the pursuit of excellence."

Top 16, top 12 and "destination corps" are not part of the mission statement.  If you think those things should be the mission of the Madison Scouts, then you need to do even more than just fire the admins/BOD.  

Name me a corps touring this season that doesn’t value member safety, health, getting their money’s worth. They all do. That’s the ticket to the game. If you don’t do that you have no business going out on tour (see Pioneer).  That’s the basics. In addition to that, corps also drive for competitive success and excellence. If you say they aren’t, you are fooling yourself. Scouts have lost their way in that. And it’s important. It’s vital to a corps survival. They need new leadership. Badly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Are you okay with a 16th place finish possibly two years in a row, and missing finals 3 of the last 4 years?  The bleed off of talent?  The generally accepted idea that Madison is not a destination corps, rather a one season stop prior to getting into the corps you really want? 

Your optimism is an inspiration to us all. 

25 minutes ago, PTMoney12 said:

Your optimism is an inspiration to us all. 

HockeyDad is facing reality. Optimism or not, that’s not the point. The point is the organization is failing from a competitive standpoint. Not a failure, a complete DISASTER. CK and DP should have been axed after the 2018 season if not the 2016. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing and that is evident by the last four seasons being a complete shot in the dark. 2016 old school, 2017 ultra modern loss of identity, 2018 a complete mess, and 2019 old school outdated. They were completely overshadowed by everyone else on almost every single level on Flo last night. I did quite like their music, and think it’s an improvement over the past two seasons, but I knew going backwards in design was going to be a big problem.

The BOD needs to resign. All of them. For allowing this disaster to build and continue.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

HockeyDad is facing reality. Optimism or not, that’s not the point. The point is the organization is failing from a competitive standpoint. Not a failure, a complete DISASTER. CK and DP should have been axed after the 2018 season if not the 2016. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing and that is evident by the last four seasons being a complete shot in the dark. 2016 old school, 2017 ultra modern loss of identity, 2018 a complete mess, and 2019 old school outdated. They were completely overshadowed by everyone else on almost every single level on Flo last night. I did quite like their music, and think it’s an improvement over the past two seasons, but I knew going backwards in design was going to be a big problem.

The BOD needs to resign. All of them. For allowing this disaster to build and continue.

Correct. It's the same old crap every year. We hear during spring training every year how great the Scouts sound and look. Love the music and new unis. Blah blah blah. Then the season starts and it's the same old crap and here we are 2 points behind the Colts, THE COLTS! This is a lousy leadership team that has failed every single year and has infuriated and alienated the alumni base. Dear God, what must they do to get fired? Madison BOD, rid your organization of this clown show before they do further damage that you may not recover from.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

If middle of the pack performance is considered a "DISASTER" then I would hate to hear what you have to say about consistently bottom-12 corps. A couple of off years don't mean the corps is doomed. If it were then there's no way we would be marching a full roster.

As a member I can say the constant negativity online is a major source of frustration to vets and rookies alike. The show this year is a ton of fun and positivity and support from fans/alumni is a million times more of a motivator than "I hope we don't suck like last year."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1