2019 Madison Scouts!

18 minutes ago, PTMoney12 said:

If middle of the pack performance is considered a "DISASTER" then I would hate to hear what you have to say about consistently bottom-12 corps. A couple of off years don't mean the corps is doomed. If it were then there's no way we would be marching a full roster.

As a member I can say the constant negativity online is a major source of frustration to vets and rookies alike. The show this year is a ton of fun and positivity and support from fans/alumni is a million times more of a motivator than "I hope we don't suck like last year."

I typed up a reply but deleted it, because I just can’t say any more. Please get off these forums. No one is blaming the membership. We are frustrated with the Madison Scouts Board of Directors, CK and DP, not you or your brothers.

You don’t suck. You never did. No one who spends their summer is such a committed fashion sucks, whether they place 1st or 87th.

Please get off these forums. I will stand by everything I have said, but reading these comments are only going to impact your summer negatively, and it really does sadden me that my opinions seemingly contribute to that. I am sorry. I will save it until the post-season.

I’ve said on this thread and the show thread from last night that I love the music. I understand why you all got 2nd in GE 2 in Madison. 

I will leave it at that.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, PTMoney12 said:

If middle of the pack performance is considered a "DISASTER" then I would hate to hear what you have to say about consistently bottom-12 corps. A couple of off years don't mean the corps is doomed. If it were then there's no way we would be marching a full roster.

As a member I can say the constant negativity online is a major source of frustration to vets and rookies alike. The show this year is a ton of fun and positivity and support from fans/alumni is a million times more of a motivator than "I hope we don't suck like last year."

yup. But alumni often feel entitled, just because they are alumni or write checks. the best you and your Brothers can do is just doing the best you can. I've won, and I've lostm and honestly had more fun the years we didn't win

1 hour ago, PTMoney12 said:

For what it is worth Madison has been and remains one of my favorite corps.  My kids and I can’t wait to see the Mighty Men bring the noise tomorrow in Hamilton!  I bleed Blooo but will always dig Scouts.  Blow the stands down tomorrow, boys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is important to support the members, no matter what issues you may have with the administration.  They have absolutely nothing to do with those decisions. 

Correct.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup. But alumni often feel entitled, just because they are alumni or write checks. the best you and your Brothers can do is just doing the best you can. I've won, and I've lostm and honestly had more fun the years we didn't win

Wait...you had more fun the years you lost compared to the years you won? How is that possible?

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is important to support the members, no matter what issues you may have with the administration.  They have absolutely nothing to do with those decisions. 

1000% yes. All of this. But the time has come for a call to action. My beloved corps is at more of a crossroad now than ever and someone MUST do something. The members, fans, and alums deserve more than this. 

#riseup #accountability #ownuptoyourbullshit #quitcallingmeadinosaurifyoukeepfailing

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

1000% yes. All of this. But the time has come for a call to action. My beloved corps is at more of a crossroad now than ever and someone MUST do something. The members, fans, and alums deserve more than this. 

#riseup #accountability #ownuptoyourbullshit #quitcallingmeadinosaurifyoukeepfailing

Exactly right TE.

3 hours ago, PTMoney12 said:

Don’t you worry about what they say man. Myself and MANY others enjoy your show, very much so. If you haven’t noticed, DCP tends to have a lot of the same folk on here, so what you read isn’t the thoughts of the masses! I agree with queenanne, get off here, pay no mind and enjoy your summer. If not, at least perform for those of us who support and are enjoying what we see! Most importantly, perform for YOURSELF. Your season should not be diminished by comments on an online forum. You got a fan here. Have a great rest of your season. 🙂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Correct. It's the same old crap every year. We hear during spring training every year how great the Scouts sound and look. Love the music and new unis. Blah blah blah. Then the season starts and it's the same old crap and here we are 2 points behind the Colts, THE COLTS! This is a lousy leadership team that has failed every single year and has infuriated and alienated the alumni base. Dear God, what must they do to get fired? Madison BOD, rid your organization of this clown show before they do further damage that you may not recover from.

Yikes. The Colts are the litmus test for suckage? Do some of you even hear yourselves? Crapping all over The Colts and Scouts because the Scouts are two points behind them? 

If marching members need to be told to avoid these forums because some of you can’t control your verbal diarrhea, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your contributions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1