2019 Madison Scouts!

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Perhaps he’s working multiple angles. You don’t know. C’mon Jeff you have more thoughtful insights than to parrot back this old oft repeated stuff. 

I do and I've typed them here before. There's a reason i chose this thread for Drum Corps AF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

No offense, but I thought this was a drum corps discussion. Not a safe space for members. 

It should be both. 

I’ve said before, if you say something outrageous, you should use your actual name, include your address, phone number, email address, allow access to your FB page, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc., rather than rely on the protection of a pseudonym. 

Anyone who knows drum corps should understand that loyalty is key, and should understand that for many marching members, insulting the staff is insulting the corps. I would guess most marching members of Madison do not think DCP feels sorry for us even though many hate our board and staff, so it's OK if we have a bad season, it’s not our fault. How they feel after the season is over is another matter, but right now they are doing the best they can, and while I have yet to hear or read Madison is back, but there are some who believe it is not as bad as so many say.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It should be both. 

I’ve said before, if you say something outrageous, you should use your actual name, include your address, phone number, email address, allow access to your FB page, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc., rather than rely on the protection of a pseudonym. 

What are you going to do once you have someone's real name? Go find where they live and knock on their door? 

I'm sorry you feel the need for a safe space. But once you become an adult you'll realize that the real world deals in cold hard facts, not fluffy bunny rabbit rainbows. 

You also have to understand that this organization begs the general public and it's alumni for money every year. You can understand if people feel their donations are not being used effectively. I myself started my marching career under the Madison banner. It was a dumpster fire back then, and my parents basically told me to find another corps or don't march. 

• Like 2

Just now, HolyNOLA said:

What are you going to do once you have someone's real name? Go find where they live and knock on their door? 

I'm sorry you feel the need for a safe space. But once you become an adult you'll realize that the real world deals in cold hard facts, not fluffy bunny rabbit rainbows. 

You also have to understand that this organization begs the general public and it's alumni for money every year. You can understand if people feel their donations are not being used effectively. I myself started my marching career under the Madison banner. It was a dumpster fire back then, and my parents basically told me to find another corps or don't march. 

I can assure you that Tim is an adult. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Not to mention some of the largest drumlines, period. I recall 10 snares, 6 tenors, 6 bass, 5 tymp, a zillion cymbals and 4 mallets in 78 and/or 79.

1978 was 8 snares

20 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

AMEN!

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

It should be both. 

Anyone who knows drum corps should understand that loyalty is key, and should understand that for many marching members, insulting the staff is insulting the corps. I would guess most marching members of Madison do not think DCP feels sorry for us even though many hate our board and staff, so it's OK if we have a bad season, it’s not our fault. How they feel after the season is over is another matter, but right now they are doing the best they can, and while I have yet to hear or read Madison is back, but there are some who believe it is not as bad as so many say.

Did I read this right?  If they have a bad season it's okay, it's not our fault, it's the fault of the mean people on DCP?  That's a new one.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1