2019 Madison Scouts!

12 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Did I read this right?  If they have a bad season it's okay, it's not our fault, it's the fault of the mean people on DCP?  That's a new one.

No you didn’t read it right 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Did I read this right?  If they have a bad season it's okay, it's not our fault, it's the fault of the mean people on DCP?  That's a new one.

You kind of read it wrong, or at least out of context. 

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

You kind of read it wrong, or at least out of context. 

Okay good

14 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Jeff, usually I agree with your thoughts but in this one we have a fundamental disagreement. I am very concerned about the survival of the organization. Full stop. That’s it. Nothing about entitlement. I don’t know where you get that from. We have all seen way too many beloved corps enter this death spiral of missing the top twelve and never climbing out of it, and ultimately going out of existence. The Scouts BOD needs to wake up and take action before it’s too late. 

Absolutely. The time for the silence and praise of drops in placement should have been over years ago, yet it is still going on.

8 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

No offense, but I thought this was a drum corps discussion. Not a safe space for members. 

I’m sorry, if a member can’t take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Were I marching Madison today (or Regiment for that matter) I sure as hell wouldn’t be reading these forums. I censored myself last night because I do feel bad that he had to see my (and others) comments, but Jesus Christ people need to start speaking up and out against CK and DP. They need to go. If then don’t, then there won’t be a Madison Scouts current year thread in the future. It’s just ridiculous.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I’m sorry, if a member can’t take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Were I marching Madison today (or Regiment for that matter) I sure as hell wouldn’t be reading these forums. I censored myself last night because I do feel bad that he had to see my (and others) comments, but Jesus Christ people need to start speaking up and out against CK and DP. They need to go. If then don’t, then there won’t be a Madison Scouts current year thread in the future. It’s just ridiculous.

As a point of correction, DP is no longer corps director and in a new role, so just use CK. With his dinosaur calling, smug attitude, constantly talking about the whole leadership program-when he clearly shows complete lack of, because if he were a leader he’d own up to things, which he has yet to do EVER in the past few years, he must go! 

I equate the Scouts to the Chicago Bulls, storied organization that no one-from top talent, to alums, to staff-want to be around for, because of the way things are done. Gar Foreman and John Paxson get their cushy job because Jerry Reinsdorf accepts mediocrity and an environment people don’t want to be around. Same thing with the Scouts.  

1 hour ago, HolyNOLA said:

What are you going to do once you have someone's real name? Go find where they live and knock on their door? 

I'm sorry you feel the need for a safe space. But once you become an adult you'll realize that the real world deals in cold hard facts, not fluffy bunny rabbit rainbows. 

You also have to understand that this organization begs the general public and it's alumni for money every year. You can understand if people feel their donations are not being used effectively. I myself started my marching career under the Madison banner. It was a dumpster fire back then, and my parents basically told me to find another corps or don't march. 

I appreciate your desire to educate me, and maybe I should be flattered you think I am that young, but I am 56 years old. I can assure you I know the realities of life, probably more than you might realize. I also understand how nonprofits work, and have had many circumstances where I have had to solicit funds. While no corps has rushed to the bank because my check arrived in the mail, I do regularly support drum corps. I also know the rough and tumble nature of drum corps. I have also had rabbits as pets over the years, and they are far from innocent.

I am not saying that DCP needs to be a safe space for marching members or that marching members need to be coddled, though I do not think it is unreasonable for us to keep in mind that marching members do read DCP posts. I do believe in accountability and I do think there are some who hide behind screen names and say things that do not lead to discussion. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can assure you that Tim is an adult. 

A few weeks ago I needed a haircut and my barber was away, so I went to Supercuts. I was offered the senior discount! 😎

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Not to mention some of the largest drumlines, period. I recall 10 snares, 6 tenors, 6 bass, 5 tymp, a zillion cymbals and 4 mallets in 78 and/or 79.

In 79 hey had 10 - 6 - 5 - 4 and the tymps were grounded. 

45 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yup.