2019 Madison Scouts!

32 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

As a point of correction, DP is no longer corps director and in a new role, so just use CK. With his dinosaur calling, smug attitude, constantly talking about the whole leadership program-when he clearly shows complete lack of, because if he were a leader he’d own up to things, which he has yet to do EVER in the past few years, he must go! 

I equate the Scouts to the Chicago Bulls, storied organization that no one-from top talent, to alums, to staff-want to be around for, because of the way things are done. Gar Foreman and John Paxson get their cushy job because Jerry Reinsdorf accepts mediocrity and an environment people don’t want to be around. Same thing with the Scouts.  

TE, as a fellow Chicagoan, while thinking about the Scouts earlier today I too thought about the Bulls and how they are analogous to Madison. It drives me nuts to see people who are complete failures at their jobs, continue in those jobs. What the he11 has CK ever done as the Scouts leader? What success can he point to? How does the BOD not take action? What ever they are paying CK, its waaaay too much.

• Like 2

After seeing the Madison Scouts live in Hamilton I must say this:

All is not lost for 2019.

The brass line has a better quality sound than in 2018.  The brass book is too easy to earn high music analysis scores but as the season progresses I’m confident the staff can add some difficulty.  Still, an easier show at this point of the season is what those young men — and they are young — need to get some confidence.  They play very well and they put their hearts into every note.

The retro uniforms are the bomb.  I love them!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Absolutely. The time for the silence and praise of drops in placement should have been over years ago, yet it is still going on.

i get that. it's HOW the message is conveyed. Look at all the ranting about Hop in the Cadets threads and everywhere else. Did it change anything? Or the countless threads about show design, rues changes etc....did all of the ranting and threats to walk away do anything?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

After seeing the Madison Scouts live in Hamilton I must say this:

All is not lost for 2019.

The brass line has a better quality sound than in 2018.  The brass book is too easy to earn high music analysis scores but as the season progresses I’m confident the staff can add some difficulty.  Still, an easier show at this point of the season is what those young men — and they are young — need to get some confidence.  They play very well and they put their hearts into every note.

The retro uniforms are the bomb.  I love them!

And honestly....being a crowd favorite, scores aside, will do a lot to help boost interest

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i get that. it's HOW the message is conveyed. Look at all the ranting about Hop in the Cadets threads and everywhere else. Did it change anything? Or the countless threads about show design, rues changes etc....did all of the ranting and threats to walk away do anything?

As has been said, this is a discussion forum. People are discussing. Sorry they’re not posting as you would like. I prefer robust discussion with differing  views. It’s what makes this interesting. If someone can’t deal with words, perhaps a little self-checking should be done. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

As has been said, this is a discussion forum. People are discussing. Sorry they’re not posting as you would like. I prefer robust discussion with differing  views. It’s what makes this interesting. If someone can’t deal with words, perhaps a little self-checking should be done. 

I wouldn’t call a chunk of this discussion. I’d call it ###### off old men ranting and raving cause they are getting what they want so get off their lawn!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hop is gone. Did “all the ranting” contribute to his being gone?  There is no way to prove it did or didn’t. Perhaps it added to the weight of evidence such that the sexual assault charges were the last straw. So perhaps it did contribute to his removal, even if subconsciously. But regardless, this is one of the few places to hold such discussions. 

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Hop is gone. Did “all the ranting” contribute to his being gone?  There is no way to prove it did or didn’t. Perhaps it added to the weight of evidence such that the sexual assault charges were the last straw. So perhaps it did contribute to his removal, even if subconsciously. But regardless, this is one of the few places to hold such discussions. 

No. Ranting and raving hasn’t changed any rules back either. 

Thsnks for making my point for me 

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I wouldn’t call a chunk of this discussion. I’d call it ###### off old men ranting and raving cause they are getting what they want so get off their lawn!

Okay. You don’t have to read or respond to stuff that’s not to your liking. Right?

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

No. Ranting and raving hasn’t changed any rules back either. 

Thsnks for making my point for me 

Then why have this website at all?  Shut it down. We can get all the fluffy bunny stuff on dci.org. 

I’ll never understand this line of reasoning. If you don’t like it, change peoples minds. Telling them to shut up isn’t compelling.