2019 Madison Scouts!

17 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hop is gone. Did “all the ranting” contribute to his being gone?  There is no way to prove it did or didn’t. Perhaps it added to the weight of evidence such that the sexual assault charges were the last straw. So perhaps it did contribute to his removal, even if subconsciously. But regardless, this is one of the few places to hold such discussions. 

People had been ranting,raving,complaining about GH for years,nothing happened.

Even after the original allegations against him came out, the old BoD didn't exactly move

at the speed of light to address the situation.

Based on that,I don''t think ranting or raving has much of an impact.

As I've posted before,in my opinion,the only thing that gets a corps' or DCI's attention

is when their "bottom line" takes a hit.

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

And honestly....being a crowd favorite, scores aside, will do a lot to help boost interest

The only thing in my opinion that I would attempt to do is going forward I would attempt to raise the average age of the corps that is on the field. That is hard to do when you are not a top echelon corps on the field especially when it costs so much too march. But that needs to be a priority. I’d like to see an average age of 19 to 20 on the field like we had in the 80s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

The only thing in my opinion that I would attempt to do is going forward I would attempt to raise the average age of the corps that is on the field. That is hard to do when you are not a top echelon corps on the field especially when it costs so much too march. But that needs to be a priority. I’d like to see an average age of 19 to 20 on the field like we had in the 80s.

One way to get there (but it has some steep monetary implications for the organization, unless it is done smartly) is to branch out audition camp locations.  I don't know where they recruit from right now (maybe they already do this), but offering camp opportunities several states away from home base can do a great deal to bring in more auditions, thereby increasing the pool and the potential for grabbing more collegiate music majors.

You have to truck/bus some equipment and staff to the off site camp maybe 2 or 3 times in the early phase and give the serious long distance candidates some slack on participation at home base camps until much closer to move-in (there are equitable ways to do that).

What matters most is getting that final group together with enough time to teach them at the pre-season move in camp... you can start competing a week later, etc (which may save a little expense as well).

That sounds like an excellent idea!

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Then why have this website at all?  Shut it down. We can get all the fluffy bunny stuff on dci.org. 

I’ll never understand this line of reasoning. If you don’t like it, change peoples minds. Telling them to shut up isn’t compelling. 

Exactly right. Shut up unless you agree with me!

On 6/25/2019 at 6:47 AM, HockeyDad said:

The Scouts BOD needs to wake up and take action before it’s too late. 

Given the long-term leadership of the BOD and their track record, is it realistic to expect the current BOD to wake up and take action? 

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Okay. You don’t have to read or respond to stuff that’s not to your liking. Right?

I mostly laugh at it. Someone mentioned to me the current members post, so I peaked in, and I absolutely agree with the kid. So when alumni come around, I hope they understand if the current members may seem standoffish. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Then why have this website at all?  Shut it down. We can get all the fluffy bunny stuff on dci.org. 

I’ll never understand this line of reasoning. If you don’t like it, change peoples minds. Telling them to shut up isn’t compelling. 

discussion=good. ranting and raving= the reputation DCP has.

thank you again for proving my point for me. Do you want to quit while you're behind?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

People had been ranting,raving,complaining about GH for years,nothing happened.

Even after the original allegations against him came out, the old BoD didn't exactly move

at the speed of light to address the situation.

Based on that,I don''t think ranting or raving has much of an impact.

As I've posted before,in my opinion,the only thing that gets a corps' or DCI's attention

is when their "bottom line" takes a hit.

yup. All the people that have threatened to walk...and didn't. All of the alumni complaining, and little changes.

You want to get the Madison board's attention.......don't pay. tell them why you aren't paying. when my groups cancelled our Friends membership, we did exactly that. I haven't heard from them lately, probably because my email address changed