2019 Madison Scouts!

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

Scouts tried to break the mold with their 2017 show and these same people were freaking out. Change! Oh, but not like that. I actually admired their attempt. 

False. Not these same people. 

26 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Twenty-five corps perform on a Friday. It’s been like that for years now, starting in 2011. It’s ironic how you talk about “relevance” but don’t know that simple fact. 

wow.

theres a polite way to point out an error without trying to make someone look like an idiot.

i indeed knew that and  it simply slipped my mind. I was thinking of the theater showing during quarter finals. Which I do believe is top 15. But again may be wrong.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

wow.

theres a polite way to point out an error without trying to make someone look like an idiot.

i indeed knew that and  it simply slipped my mind. I was thinking of the theater showing during quarter finals. Which I do believe is top 15. But again may be wrong.

I apologize. The theater broadcast is indeed the top 15. Semifinals are the top 25. Please accept my apologies for being a jerk about it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

wow.

This is DCP. This was tame. Wait until Jeff Ream jumps at ya!!!! 😋

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Well, I’m not going to go research the ‘17 Madison thread to see who said what but I remember people being very vocal in their dislike of the direction that show took. 

You’re absolutely correct, but most of those posters are no longer around. As for this season, I’ve been very critical especially since the uniform crap before the first show, but into VERY recently I was never critical of the organization on these forums. 

That said, why round you make a blanket statement assuming the same people who criticized in 2017 are the same as now, then follow it up by saying you’re not going to look back? Makes your initial comment the matter, well, ########.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

You’re absolutely correct, but most of those posters are no longer around. As for this season, I’ve been very critical especially since the uniform crap before the first show, but into VERY recently I was never critical of the organization on these forums. 

That said, why round you make a blanket statement assuming the same people who criticized in 2017 are the same as now, then follow it up by saying you’re not going to look back? Makes your initial comment the matter, well, ########.

There’s certain usernames etched into my memory because of the vitriol they spewed. If you REALLY need names you can private message me. Yes, some of them are still around. You aren’t one of the people I was thinking of. I always thought your opinions were balanced and totally understand your frustration with the uniform situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

Well, I’m not going to go research the ‘17 Madison thread to see who said what but I remember people being very vocal in their dislike of the direction that show took. 

I think you may be correct about the group complaining in 2017 and those complaining today. Alums were complaining in both years, but the individuals may be different with the only thing in common is being an alum. 

I began hearing serious rumblings in 2016, especially after placing 13th. Madison’s performance  wasn’t bad that evening. Troopers were on fire and BAC seemed to have the attitude that if this is our last show, let’s give it our all, which they did and it worked. Since BAC always has my support, I am glad they made finals, but about that time the anger seemed to fester fast and it wasn’t at BAC making finals. They wanted heads to roll. 

When it  it comes to Madison alums, I see four different groups at play. Those who marched in the 70’s which wants the sheer power of the horn line to carry everything. The 80’s alums which had the music as well as some creative shows. 90’s alums who marched in shows that banked on bringing back past arrangements, making them new and wowing audiences. All of this worked. The 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s all had beloved shows. 2000 on has had challenges. These are generalizations, and there is overlap, but I’m not sure you have a cohesive alumni. There are also people outside the corps adding this comments. 

Also, if you go back, in 2027 the issue was the show was too dark and the music not fitting. In 2018 it was a nice enough show but for another corps. You had two years with no Madison identity. 2019 seems all over the place and the lack of confidence in the direction in unbelievable. 

I would love to offer a solution, but I have no idea what it should be,

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I didn’t know you were so tuned in to the Madison Scouts alumni base. How do you know this?  Tesmusic stayed it better than I. The desire is to be relevant. Not louder higher faster. Unless louder higher faster would make them relevant. 

I can read here and various places online

• Like 1