2019 Madison Scouts!

Just now, 81Freelancers said:

Is Jim Elvord to blame? It's not 1974 and cut-off blue jean shorts any more, Jim. 

No, he’ll more than likely be a scapegoat, but there are many others to blame first.

3 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

But this is drum corps. Where sex crimes don't even keep you from being employed. 

Ooops did I say that out loud? 

Who is currently employed in drum corps who has committed sex crimes? Please do tell.

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Hey CK, time to step up? Is it time to worry? Or are we pleased because we have effective leadership camps, since clearly your vision isn’t working on the field. 

My heart aches for these members....

Madison has improved exactly .7 since their first show with a score of 63.00 on June 22, to a score of 63.70 June 28. This run rates to a last show score of about 67.2.

Tomorrow is probably a rest and relaxation day for the corps. . Ye gads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Madison has improved exactly .7 since their first show with a score of 63.00 on June 22, to a score of 63.70 June 28. This run rates to a last show score of about 67.2.

Tomorrow is probably a rest and relaxation day for the corps. . Ye gads.

"But we're creating such a great experience for the members....by teaching them how to have a losing mindset!!!!"

7 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I have to see after watching the show again tonight, there's a lot to like here from a musical perspective. I really enjoy it, but here's my issue. The design isn't going to win over the judges, so why not say "screw it" and have the balls to go all out and design the whole show to be structurally like a late 80s/90s/2000s show? I'm not saying play Malaga, Malaguena or Slaughter, I'm saying from a structural perspective. If you're designing a show that isn't going to win over the judges, why not go all out and try to win over the fans?

I know that critique is no longer done after shows but here is a serious question: What happened to the compromising give and take input between the design staff of each corps and the judges in order to win them over; when did the judges take 'full and complete' control where design is now only their way or no way?

Edited by Stu

10 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I have to see after watching the show again tonight, there's a lot to like here from a musical perspective. I really enjoy it, but here's my issue. The design isn't going to win over the judges, so why not say "screw it" and have the balls to go all out and design the whole show to be structurally like a late 80s/90s/2000s show? I'm not saying play Malaga, Malaguena or Slaughter, I'm saying from a structural perspective. If you're designing a show that isn't going to win over the judges, why not go all out and try to win over the fans?

That would be the Madison way! 

I would say this is the most important thing for Madison right now. A good environment for the members and getting fans and alums to love their show, donate, buy their merch. Keep this up for a few years and the corps will rebuild itself. Just put a good ol entertaining show on the field. 

I am personally a fan that likes most Madison shows regardless of placement.

People that like the 80s/90s designs are likely to be older and have more money to throw the scouts way anyhow haha! 

I wouldn't be opposed to hearing Malaguena and Malaga on the field every year. 😙

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 81Freelancers said:

Is Jim Elvord to blame? It's not 1974 and cut-off blue jean shorts any more, Jim. 

I don't like "blame" but it's his design team. However, he didn't hire himself. Some other folks in Madison thought it was a good idea.

19 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, they have all their uniform parts now, so I guess bills are paid after all.  Fire the admin/BOD anyway!

First off, the season began over a week ago and they finally gave them. 

Second, there are far more reasons and deeper reasons there needs to be change now.

Bit you keep being you and make snarky comments, attempting humor, based on your surface level of understanding why people are upset.