2019 Madison Scouts!

I finally had a chance to see the entire 2019 Madison Scouts show. It's not bad and I enjoyed  it. However, it was designed for the wrong decade. Their show is straight up 1980s and that's not terrible; but for this decade, it's not good...competitively. This corps looks and sounds like they were plucked from between 1980 - 1986. 

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

I finally had a chance to see the entire 2019 Madison Scouts show. It's not bad and enjoy it. However, it was designed for the wrong decade. Their show is straight up 1980s and that's not terrible; but for this decade, it's not good...competitively. They look and sound like they were plucked from between 1980 - 1986. 

Yup

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Look before people jump on me for being sexist or something, I'm a millennial and I am a part of the so called "PC generation"

I'm all about being progressive and striving for equality. But this is not the right platform for it. Do all male fraternities or all female sororities allow the opposite sex to join? This move is attempting to fix a problem that isn't there and it will destroy the identity of the corps in the process. The Cavaliers have shown that success can still be had as an all male corps. 

I fear that this move will lead to the slow death of this corps. I'm not sure how much of the alumni base is going to support this

As a "millennial" "PC generation" alumnus who is an academic, I love the decision.  If I could, I would vote to end all sororities and fraternities.  They are a blight on college campuses, and are no longer needed.  Fraternities only arose to solve the housing crisis colleges and universities faced way back when (check the history).  The sexist double standard that applies to sororities today (as is ironically and satirically portrayed in Neighbors 2) is ridiculous.  Also, there are plenty of coed service fraternities that already exist.  And, besides already commenting on the  other thread, the last thing I will say here is that Scouts was/and or are a Venture Crew for insurance purposes.  So, before BSA went coed, Venturing was always (or at least has been for quite a long time) coed.  That being said, this decision makes plenty of sense, and, regardless of one's take on the current administration (which I am not a fan of), this decision is a good one, and the right one for the organization as a whole.  Especially in light of recent years conversations regarding transgender membership.  I am just annoyed it took this long to decide and hope the implementation of it is swift and effortless.

Edited by ndkbass
added an apostrophe
  • Like 3

The sad thing about things is CK has YET to own up to his continued failures as ED, and is making a move like this in hopes of showing leadership. 

CK-time to own up and RESIGN. The board needs to remove him now, and if they really want to show they want to put the corps in the right path, announce the replacement by August 1st, and have audition info available by that day. 

Hey CK-going coed is not going to be an immediate solution. You’ve still failed to bring together your fan base, you still think anyone who disagrees with you is a dinosaur, you fail to recognize the immense amount of staff turnover-and that top designers and staff want to stay away for the most part(and don’t simply say it’s a money thing, because people will look past that for a good experience), and overall your tenure has been abysmal, so do the right thing, if for no other reason than to save this organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Madison should start fresh next season by retiring the name Scouts and rebrand under a new name.

Just saw your show...thank you..I loved it...BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, WarriorHal said:

Madison should start fresh next season by retiring the name Scouts and rebrand under a new name.

What makes you think so?  Both are just abbreviations of the full corps name, and both still equally apply.