2019 Madison Scouts!

Thank you Madison!  My favorite opener of the year...  "Backlash".  Much improved performance tonight.  Looking forward to seeing you in San Antonio.

• Like 3

Relegated to Page 3 and 0 posts since Sunday? The only thing people seem to want to discuss or opine on is the co-ed aspect. Does this bode well for Madison?

18 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Relegated to Page 3 and 0 posts since Sunday? The only thing people seem to want to discuss or opine on is the co-ed aspect. Does this bode well for Madison?

To be fair, that is a pretty big deal. Anecdotally it seems to have generated a great deal of interest in the Corps from a new pool of potential MMs, and that is a good thing going forward.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Roark1 said:

To be fair, that is a pretty big deal. Anecdotally it seems to have generated a great deal of interest in the Corps from a new pool of potential MMs, and that is a good thing going forward.

That is good, BUT, it seems to have taken all the interest in the current season. Scouts dropped a spot in the rankings and no one seems to want to talk about  that.

BTW...it was seeing Madison in 1975 that drew me to the activity! I don't want Madison to become an afterthought. 

I mentioned this over in the show thread the other night (as well as here), but the back half of the show from YPG on is *excellent.*  The opener is a bit of a slow burn (hah!), and the ballad doesn't do a ton for me yet.  It's a little weird to see the hopping and jazz running in the scout uniforms, but my brain made the adjustment by the end of the show.  

I'd *love* to see Madison next year veer a little more towards fusion/electronic jazz, a la Pacific Crest, Spirit and Crossmen.  Modern DCI seems to be set up well for it with instrumentation and judging, and it still fits into the wheelhouse of what Scouts fans expect to hear.

Mike

• Like 1

I find it interesting that Madison's show is the only one that DOESN'T seem to have ANY video presence on the interwebs this year...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gak27 said:

I find it interesting that Madison's show is the only one that DOESN'T seem to have ANY video presence on the interwebs this year...

Keep looking everyday. Was thinking the same thing

Maybe people think it’s not modern enough to represent today’s dci.

5 hours ago, gak27 said:

Yes!  I’ve mentioned this fact on the Scouts’ Twitter page.  All still photos.  No lot videos, horn warmup....zippo.   Surprised that folks attending shows aren’t putting up any audio/visual.   So much for marketing and promotion!