2019 Madison Scouts!

16 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

C'mon man this is 2019. Genders don't exist anymore 

Sure they do. All 58 of them.

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

As a member of the "contemporary drum corps audience", I just wanted to let you know that I find their show engaging the way it is.  And if crowd reaction at shows is any indication, I do not walk alone in that respect.

Nevertheless, it is entirely possible that some such thematic content will be added in during the season.  It may even have been deliberately withheld in the name of "layering".

So any show without either props or a storyline is a "throwback show"?

A storyline is not necessary to convey a theme.  So many here point to Bluecoats as a (sorry for the pun) blueprint for what contemporary Madison could be.  They achieved popularity and competitive success portraying themes like Tilt, Kinetic Noise and Down Side Up without storylines.

Since I have no similar examples of prop-free success, I will have to concede that point to you.  Madison should therefore cart a massive stage onto the field so that musicians can climb up on it during the ballad.

No, you said they need props.  So they delivered.

Like what - only a few thousand?  I doubt Cavaliers will fold or go co-ed because there are no more show ideas for them.

Maybe I've been brainwashed and need the modern stuff to interest me. I'm glad the crowds are enjoying it. 

I maintain that there would have been some really neat things to do with the theme of 'Majestic' which are not being done. A marquee, etc. Nobody needs to stand on a stage, but it would have worked great!

I've seen quite a few posts decrying the vintage mid-80s design. I love watching the old stuff when I know it's the old stuff.

No, a specific storyline isn't necessary. but an all encompassing focus of the show is necessary which unites the visual and musical elements. That's what Bluecoats had in 14 and 16. Based on my viewing, Scouts don't really have that.

4 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

You are correct there is nothing regarding tenure on the judges sheets but corps that have some tenure are able to make better adjustments because of experience. I love what MC has been doing but they are very new to WC.  

No predictions yet...way to early but I predict that Madison will finish a bit better than people are thinking.  

58 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

You are correct there is nothing regarding tenure on the judges sheets but corps that have some tenure are able to make better adjustments because of experience. I love what MC has been doing but they are very new to WC.  

No predictions yet...way to early but I predict that Madison will finish a bit better than people are thinking.  

I think your first point would be right, IF, the same design and instructional staff were in place for quite a few years more than the other corps (and were doing well).  The "ability to make better adjustments" attaches not to the corps name.

Edited by PamahoNow
completeness

1 hour ago, Rudy18 said:

A lot of very exciting changes are debuting at tonight’s show! 🤩

But aren't the other corps also adding content, cleaning and rehearsing every day, too? The activity isn't static.

• Like 1