2019 Madison Scouts!

10 hours ago, Tim K said:

I think you need to look at corps with long histories to answer that question. In the 1960’s Garfield Cadets and Boston Crusaders were dominant corps. In the 70’s, both declined. For Cadets and BAC, the writing was on the wall they would fold. Cadets became a dominant force in the 80’s, and while some may have believed BAC would survive anything, few predicted what we are seeing today. 

Madison can survive, Madison can be great again, but Madison has to pull itself together and that’s something Madison has to do. 

The drum corp activity was much much bigger and healthier in the '60's & '70's, with 400+ drum corps in the US, a dozen + judging circuits, and hundreds of shows each year. It is much more difficult to recover today. 

I certainly dont trust this failed Scout regime to fix the Scouts, and every day that they are still employed is one more day too many.

Edited by FlamMan

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Are you mad 🙂 This isn’t about the Academy, Music City, or the Colts. It’s about a design team and administration staff that clearly has no idea what they are doing or any direction. We’re talking about a former World Champion struggle to maintain 16th place. We’re talking about an administration that inherited a corps in good shape from Mason. We’re talking about an administration that has taken that 8th place corps to 16th place. Housecleaning should have happened years ago.

If you failed at your job like that, you would be out of a job really quick.

Oh, the irony. 

By your standards, Jim Mason would be a drum corps footnote in your world.  He inherited a top-25 drum corps, and as director/program coordinator/brass arranger, took them straight out of the top 25 for five years.  If you were advising Colts in the early 1980s, that is when his drum corps career would have ended.  If you were advising Star of Indiana at their inception, they would never have hired him.

5 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I certainly dont trust this failed Scout regime to fix the Scouts, and every day that they are still employed is one more day too many.

I have followed the activity for quite some time, and seen many different paths to success.  But I have never seen a corps succeed with no administration or BOD, which is what Madison will be if they follow your urging.

3 hours ago, FlamMan said:

in the '60's & '70's, with 400+ drunk corps in the US, 

That looks right. 

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

But I have never seen a corps succeed with no administration or BOD, which is what Madison will be if they follow your urging.

I have seen no one call for eliminating the BOD and administration. Are you being dramatic to make your point?   You do understand that replacing is not the same as eliminating right?  Are you suggesting no one would step forward if CK is removed?  Is a steady decline in placements under CK over several years somehow giving you an impression they’re moving in the right direction?  Heading for 17th place this season. Out of 20 world class corps. Is this where we insert the silly argument that competitive success isn’t part of their mission?

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

That looks right. 

Lol!

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I have followed the activity for quite some time, and seen many different paths to success.  But I have never seen a corps succeed with no administration or BOD, which is what Madison will be if they follow your urging.

Fake news. I want the BOD and Scout leadership team replaced.

8 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Fake news. I want the BOD and Scout leadership team replaced.

Oh.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  See, ordinarily when someone wants leadership replaced, they talk about things like:

- by who?  And not just a juvenile "anybody would be better"... there have to be candidates both able and available to take these jobs and do them better.

- how?  Literally, since the BOD hires the admins, firing both the BOD and the admins simultaneously leaves no one in place to hire the replacements.

- when?  You want them fired immediately.  The corps is currently on tour.  What is your plan for interim operations?

You and a couple of other posters on Madison threads demand these immediate and multiple firings without mentioning anything about a succession plan.  And then you criticize current leadership for not having a plan?  REALLY?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Oh.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  See, ordinarily when someone wants leadership replaced, they talk about things like:

- by who?  And not just a juvenile "anybody would be better"... there have to be candidates both able and available to take these jobs and do them better.

- how?  Literally, since the BOD hires the admins, firing both the BOD and the admins simultaneously leaves no one in place to hire the replacements.

- when?  You want them fired immediately.  The corps is currently on tour.  What is your plan for interim operations?

You and a couple of other posters on Madison threads demand these immediate and multiple firings without mentioning anything about a succession plan.  And then you criticize current leadership for not having a plan?  REALLY?

139306.jpg