2019 Madison Scouts!

Scouts website lists a BOD of 9 people, including CK. The Boston Crusaders seemed to have figured something out over the past several years. Their website lists an 8 member executive board and a BOD of 35 people! I'm guessing those 43 people have a whole lot of contacts in the Boston financial sector and tech hub -- $$$$ -- and some may be members. It costs a ton of money to successfully operate a top level corps these days and that isn't going to change going forward. Are the Scouts just hopelessly outgunned in this new era?

10 minutes ago, WarriorHal said:

Scouts website lists a BOD of 9 people, including CK. The Boston Crusaders seemed to have figured something out over the past several years. Their website lists an 8 member executive board and a BOD of 35 people! I'm guessing those 43 people have a whole lot of contacts in the Boston financial sector and tech hub -- $$$$ -- and some may be members. It costs a ton of money to successfully operate a top level corps these days and that isn't going to change going forward. Are the Scouts just hopelessly outgunned in this new era?

Boston's BOD have some Crusader alumni, some who never marched D&BC, and some live in various states.  But they all support IAM.

18 minutes ago, WarriorHal said:

Most non-finalist corps are, I would imagine.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Then why do you think it is your place to demand the mass firing of the corps admins and entire BOD?

1. I am free to have my own thoughts and opinions.

2. The CK regime is 9 years of failure. If he worked for me I would have fired him years ago. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

1. I am free to have my own thoughts and opinions.

2. The CK regime is 9 years of failure. If he worked for me I would have fired him years ago. 

1. Yes.

2. He’s also incredibly pompous and arrogant with nothing during his tenure with Scouts to back it up.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

1. Yes.

2. He’s also incredibly pompous and arrogant with nothing during his tenure with Scouts to back it up.

Yup. Your #2 comment above is well known by many Madison Scout alumns.

6 hours ago, tesmusic said:

The corps announced it as a retirement, however he was let go and CK was pathetically trying to save face for doing it, so a retirement announcement makes it easier.

Jim, being a class act, wasn’t going to publicly renounce CK’s ########, so he didn’t.

If this board had a ####### clue, they’d be in NYC right now begging Jim to come serve as ED, and make that change immediately so he can get the ball rolling. 

He’s in NYC right now, back from Japan, so maybe this info would help.

I am not really personally interested in Mason returning, but that is just me.  I think it needs to be new blood from the ground up, and there are plenty of younger folk out there who could do well.  I always recommend Brian Howard from the Blue Devils organization.  Was the best DM I ever marched under, and seems to have been a great tour director for them in recent years.  Not 100% sure if he is still around the activity anymore since he is no longer with the A Corps, but it always seemed like he was being groomed for a director-type position after he aged out in 2010.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

1. Yes.

He is at least fun to tailgate with at Purdue games. #BoilerUp

24 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

I am not really personally interested in Mason returning, but that is just me.  I think it needs to be new blood from the ground up, and there are plenty of younger folk out there who could do well.  I always recommend Brian Howard from the Blue Devils organization.  Was the best DM I ever marched under, and seems to have been a great tour director for them in recent years.  Not 100% sure if he is still around the activity anymore since he is no longer with the A Corps, but it always seemed like he was being groomed for a director-type position after he aged out in 2010.

Wait...so you agree that CK should be fired?

17 hours ago, tesmusic said:

The corps announced it as a retirement, however he was let go and CK was pathetically trying to save face for doing it, so a retirement announcement makes it easier.

Jim, being a class act, wasn’t going to publicly renounce CK’s ########, so he didn’t.

If this board had a ####### clue, they’d be in NYC right now begging Jim to come serve as ED, and make that change immediately so he can get the ball rolling. 

He’s in NYC right now, back from Japan, so maybe this info would help.

This is difficult to believe.