2019 Madison Scouts!

4 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

Chris Komnick fired Jim Mason. Let that sink in. An egregiously stupid management decision. 

Yup.

51 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

I’ve questioned Chris and I have been critical of him in direct communications and he has always responded well to me... Look, I don’t like a lot of decisions that have been made either, but to say that Chris and/or Dann are awful goes too far. They’ve had huge positive influences on hundreds of Scouts in the last 10+ years.

The results are awful. The Madison Scouts are no longer a destination drum corp. Failure like this should result in a quick firing. There is no defense for this regimes results.

4 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

Chris Komnick fired Jim Mason. Let that sink in. An egregiously stupid management decision. 

What was the motivation for firing him? They finished in 11th in Mason's last year - I guess Komnick thought they could do better? 

I really haven't looked at the trajectory of Madison's finishes lately. Mason's five year average placement was the best since Sal Salas. 

2 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

I’ve questioned Chris and I have been critical of him in direct communications and he has always responded well to me... Look, I don’t like a lot of decisions that have been made either, but to say that Chris and/or Dann are awful goes too far. They’ve had huge positive influences on hundreds of Scouts in the last 10+ years.

I’ve not said anything of Dann, just FYI. As for positive influences, I can agre with that on DP, CK though, not so much.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

I’ve not said anything of Dann, just FYI. As for positive influences, I can agre with that on DP, CK though, not so much.

Definitely disagree with you about Dann.  Dude is super hypocritical and a terrible leader by example.  At least he was in 2008 and 2009.  He was a fine visual tech in 2007, but not a good corps director in 2008 and 2009.

Also CK and DP seem to be two peas in a pod.  As I see it, they are one in the same when it comes to the administrative issues with the corps right now.

14 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Please do not make personal attacks on individuals. That is against the DCP guidelines. 

Noted.  Can you provide some clarification?  If I had qualified my claim regarding hypocrisy and leadership-by-example, would that have mitigated the issue?

24 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

Noted.  Can you provide some clarification?  If I had qualified my claim regarding hypocrisy and leadership-by-example, would that have mitigated the issue?

Not aimed specifically at you.

Read back and you will see personal comments on the people involved. I am leaving it at that for now. 

Everybody needs to read what they write prior to posting. If your comment can be perceived as a personal attack....change it before posting. 

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

What was the motivation for firing him? They finished in 11th in Mason's last year - I guess Komnick thought they could do better? 

I really haven't looked at the trajectory of Madison's finishes lately. Mason's five year average placement was the best since Sal Salas. 

It was a control thing. 

51 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Not aimed specifically at you.

Read back and you will see personal comments on the people involved. I am leaving it at that for now. 

Everybody needs to read what they write prior to posting. If your comment can be perceived as a personal attack....change it before posting. 

Wilco.  Did not think so, but wanted to be sure!  Thanks for responding.