2019 Madison Scouts!

23 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

BDB and SCVC are not going to Indy

On 7/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

They won't get that chance, will they? No finals week for BDB? 

Thanks for confirming that Jeff Ream, was not sure OldSnareDrummer.  Still, it would have been possible with current trends.  BDB is a machine.  Was really impressed by them when I was in A corps in 2010, and have been continually impressed by them in recent years.

19 hours ago, PamahoNow said:
Revenue and Expenses
Fiscal Year 2017
Source: Self-reported by organization
Revenue
Contributions, Grants, Gifts $373,062
Program Services $644,073
Membership Dues $0
Special Events $0
Other Revenue $176,002
Total Revenue $1,206,904
Expenses
Program Services $904,884
Administration $139,772
Fundraising $44,318
Payments to Affiliates $0
Other Expenses $0
Total Expenses $1,044,656

19 hours ago, PamahoNow said:
Balance Sheet
Fiscal Year 2017
Source: Self-reported by organization
Assets  
Total Assets $210,574
Liabilities  
Total Liabilities $445,000
Fund Balance (EOY)  
Net Assets ($234,426)

Are these the most recent numbers available?

14 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Wow. Just watched the show...it's cleaning up and it's looking and sounding amazing!! They may not make the top 12, but if they continue to work hard, clean, and keep selling this show, they could climb a couple spots at least. Some of the drill moves/transitions are incredible, and I LOVE the music. I wish I could convince Elvord or whoever is in charge of the overall program to add some cool props to give them more GE points...and I'd offer to buy them if I had the money!! But overall, this is a VERY entertaining package and you can tell the guys LOVE performing it. At the end, you can see the look of satisfaction on the guys' faces as the crowd lights up!! The intro/opener and Young Persons Guide are some of my favorite pieces Madison has done in a long time!

I agree. I actually really enjoy the Scouts this year. Love the music! It will definitely come across as more old-school compared to most modern shows today, but I kind of like the contrast. I am a fan of many modern shows when they get it right, and I can still watch old school DCI...and this Madison show does utilize some modern features as well. If anything I just get the sense that the corps is gassed by the last section of the show. If they can clean and work on the endurance I can definitely see them pushing up a few places. Top 12 will be difficult. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

It wasn't mean to be permanent? Then I guess it makes sense to fire him. He had already planned the show concept for the next year, which he was going to share with members, when he was abruptly canned. 

So, the 8th place finish can be attributed to mason and not CK? That means CK went 13th, 12th, 16th, <15th since Mason's departure. That doesn't bode well. 

11 minutes ago, Gantang said:

So, the 8th place finish can be attributed to mason and not CK? That means CK went 13th, 12th, 16th, <15th since Mason's departure. That doesn't bode well. 

Yep. It was Mason who should get all the credit for 2010-2015. Komnick loves to act like he's been the mastermind of those years. He is not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ndkbass said:

Thanks for confirming that Jeff Ream, was not sure OldSnareDrummer.  Still, it would have been possible with current trends.  BDB is a machine.  Was really impressed by them when I was in A corps in 2010, and have been continually impressed by them in recent years.

no problem and yeah BDB has been inching closer to a Saturday night spot every yeat

3 hours ago, ndkbass said:

Are these the most recent numbers available?

Yes,  at least from what I could find at Guidestar.org.  I didn't look very hard at other locations.

Madison is ranked 18th this morning with Vanguard Cadets scoring right on their heels. Has anyone asked the BOD how far they are willing to let the Scouts drop before they make a substantial change?

BTW, I don't consider integrating in girls is a substantial change. It seems like more of a magicians' psychological misdirection