2019 Madison Scouts!

19 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Has Madison ever not broke 80 at season end? They have gained only 10 points since the first show and need 7 more to break 80 in the last 3 weeks. Dont see it happening. 

I would look at the spread between #1 and #25. That spread seems to remain fairly constant through seasons. If we assume Bluecoats rise another 7 points that would put Madison right around 80 and Genesis at 74.

3 hours ago, Gantang said:

I expect that Madison's alumni donations will be much lower after July 7 and the poor competitive results. As with most demographics, the older you get the more disposable income you have. Choosing charities becomes more important the more money you have to give. People Give when they are emotionally attached to a Cause and when they know that their dollars will be used wisely and productively. From reading some comments in various places it appears that the July 7 decision has burned a lot of bridges between the alums and the current Corps. 

Exactly right. Many alums jumped off the sinking Scouts ship.

3 minutes ago, Tupac said:

So did Elvord, his hornline won many titles in the 70’s. 

This is 2019.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Exactly right. Many alums jumped off the sinking Scouts ship.

Yup-the alumni pages on Facebook don’t have people writing, discussing, complaining, etc. 

I wonder how many World Class Corps need to start charging and collecting next year’s camp fees in order to financially make it through the current season?

Budgets are based on all MMs paying their fees, when that starts getting slashed, it can be financially disastrous.  

Just now, GetOFFmyDot said:

I wonder how many World Class Corps need to start charging and collecting next year’s camp fees in order to financially make it through the current season?

Budgets are based on all MMs paying their fees, when that starts getting slashed, it can be financially disastrous.  

The current Scout regime has destroyed a once great organization. It is so sad. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

it was also a terrible signal for recruiting. No disrespect to Elvord, who was a force to be reckoned with back in the day, but "the day" no longer exists, and to tell prospective members the the team who'll come up with the show is a collection of people who haven't played at the top levels in DCI in two decades was a really bad move.

Madison's future growth should be handed over to a group of 20 and 30-somethings who are not well known but who have everything to gain by proving themselves.  Cavaliers did that with their brass team a few years ago and it's starting to pay off. Go thee and do likewise.

💯 This all day!  It is why I said in prior messages that folk who are pre-2003 (or pre-2007 even) need to take a step back.  Much love, thanks for what you did, and we stand on your shoulders, but take a seat, clap your hands and hoot and holler when appropriate or you feel like it, and please write some cheques.  New blood means young blood, not a rotating cast of folks from decades ago (whether they won championships or not).  There are plenty of people who have marched the corps or been around the activity that would be able to do as well if not better.  I also think your example with Cavies is quite apt.  Elvord is a great speaker and motivator, but not someone I would want actively involved in the design or administration of the corps (same with Mason).  The only corps that can say they have a consistent staff for decades that goes back to the 80s is Devs.  And even they have updated and upgraded their design/tech and especially admin staff in recent years.

57 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

💯 This all day!  It is why I said in prior messages that folk who are pre-2003 (or pre-2007 even) need to take a step back.  Much love, thanks for what you did, and we stand on your shoulders, but take a seat, clap your hands and hoot and holler when appropriate or you feel like it, and please write some cheques.  New blood means young blood, not a rotating cast of folks from decades ago (whether they won championships or not).  There are plenty of people who have marched the corps or been around the activity that would be able to do as well if not better.  I also think your example with Cavies is quite apt.  Elvord is a great speaker and motivator, but not someone I would want actively involved in the design or administration of the corps (same with Mason).  The only corps that can say they have a consistent staff for decades that goes back to the 80s is Devs.  And even they have updated and upgraded their design/tech and especially admin staff in recent years.

Write checks and shut up, you sure you don't want to rephrase that?

• Confused 1