2019 Madison Scouts!

7 hours ago, ndkbass said:

Hah!  Did not know they had a child!  That is wonderful news!
He was also on the trucks for a few years, could not go any where without seeing him!:4_joy:

Nick, it was actually 100% Pure BRED Scout!

6 hours ago, Jake W. said:

Sounds a little Voldemort-y...

Well... as long as the kid's name isn't Tom Riddle. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Scouts have leased a food truck the past 5-6 years.  The truck I used was in need of repairs that could have cost thousands of dollars as some were structural.   The Scouts sold/donated this truck to Pioneer.  I cannot imagine the logistics of arranging catered meals for one week.  As I posted earlier, we all bite our nails the final weeks wondering if the Scouts will make semi's or finals.  The East coast swing is where the members seem to run out of gas. Without a truck the members will most likely have cold breakfasts; sandwiches/subs for lunch and hopefully substantial meal for dinner. Let's hope whomever is ordering remembers vegetarians and allergies.   Snack, the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY, has been virtually non existent.  The members will go to bed hungry. Last week of tour:  most members are out of cash so they won't be able to  buy food.  This is the week they need full meals and lots and lots of hydration.  Perfect storm brewing.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deb's Diner said:

The Scouts have leased a food truck the past 5-6 years.  The truck I used was in need of repairs that could have cost thousands of dollars as some were structural.   The Scouts sold/donated this truck to Pioneer.  I cannot imagine the logistics of arranging catered meals for one week.  As I posted earlier, we all bite our nails the final weeks wondering if the Scouts will make semi's or finals.  The East coast swing is where the members seem to run out of gas. Without a truck the members will most likely have cold breakfasts; sandwiches/subs for lunch and hopefully substantial meal for dinner. Let's hope whomever is ordering remembers vegetarians and allergies.   Snack, the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY, has been virtually non existent.  The members will go to bed hungry. Last week of tour:  most members are out of cash so they won't be able to  buy food.  This is the week they need full meals and lots and lots of hydration.  Perfect storm brewing.  

Where/how can we help make sure these kids have a week where food is the least of their concerns? Can Scouts set up a Go Fund Me?

13 minutes ago, Deb's Diner said:

It will be extremely difficult to retain members if they are going to bed hungry.  I don't want to seem harsh, but the administration should have had this planned out in advance.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Where/how can we help make sure these kids have a week where food is the least of their concerns? Can Scouts set up a Go Fund Me?

The Scouts currently have a fundraiser going on. to help with this issue.  It is listed on their Facebook page.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

The Scouts currently have a fundraiser going on. to help with this issue.  It is listed on their Facebook page.  

Unless I misunderstand, it was planned that they not have the food truck for August? If so, this sound like a "planned" issue/emergency.

20 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Thank you for the compliment. I am not against going coed, I just remember Madison as a Scout's based organization. Of course they change but with that change, they have to create the new history just as Cadets.

While the Cadet history from the advent of the girl guard in 1969 is 'new history', it is a continuation of the history from 1934, not history of a brand new organization. Any history added is new history, IMO. 2020 for the Scouts will be new whether or not they permitted females. 

• Like 3