2019 Madison Scouts!

1 hour ago, Gantang said:

Then why are meals being catered and why are they seeking donations for the catered meals? Did they not budget for food through Saturday night? Are they feeding the corps out of the truck or is it just "with" the corps??

We’ve had regular meals from the food truck so far. We will be staying in hotels for the last 2 or 3 days of the season, which might be when the food truck won’t be available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rudy18 said:

We’ve had regular meals from the food truck so far. We will be staying in hotels for the last 2 or 3 days of the season, which might be when the food truck won’t be available.

Something has been communicated accurately to the public.  

I don't think the leased food truck is unique to this year.  A few years ago there was a similar post asking for funding for the last week of meals because the truck had to be cleaned(?) to be returned and I donated to cover a meal.  I'm guessing it is a "normal" fundraiser for them at this time of year.

57 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Something has been communicated accurately to the public.  

I should have written "inaccurately."

16 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I should have written "inaccurately."

I knew what you meant! 🙂 

2 hours ago, Rudy18 said:

So then the food truck is going to Indianapolis but just won’t be used? 

12 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

But they’re allowing females. Repeat the mantra:  this will fix everything. Nothing to see here. Move along. 

Yup. Deflection.

7 hours ago, Gantang said:

Agreed, but other BODs have fired Madison EDs.

And yet the corps was in better shape prior to this team

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

OMG, not another "Madison lost to _____ last night" post.

If you people are so deeply concerned about Madison Scouts leadership, you should look into what it takes to get onto their board of directors.  If enough of those complaining here are as knowledgeable as they think they are, and actually got involved, they could affect the changes they seek.

No time and zero interest in taking a big pay cut.

7 hours ago, Gantang said:

I was thinking in terms of going back to a 1st and 2nd tour format, which would cost a lot less money and ease their budget. With DCI being held in Indy that is close for them to travel to at the end of 2nd tour. They could limit the number of shows and log far fewer miles thus saving on fuel, food, etc. I know the DCI payments structure is bad, but Madison needs to do something to right their ship in ALL aspects not just competitively, which some people don't seem to understand. 

It’s not like you can skip regionals and be successful when that determines seeding. So what all these kids flying in then take a week off and go home? That jacks up the cost more for the kids. If they can’t sff to go home does the corks babysit them? Corps aren’t majority local membership anymore and he’ll they do more in Bloomington than they do in Madison