2019 Madison Scouts!

9 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Surely a well deserved day of rest and relaxation 2 weeks into the season. 

Human beings are physically and mentally capable of doing much more than they think. Scouts need to be pushed and well practiced.

I along with many others are looking forward to the end of this clown show regime and their record of failure. 

I didn’t dislike their show when I saw them Wednesday night. What did stand out was how physically exhausted many of the members appeared at the end of it. There’s a difference between looking spent after throwing down a good performance and just not having the physical stamina. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I didn’t dislike their show when I saw them Wednesday night. What did stand out was how physically exhausted many of the members appeared at the end of it. There’s a difference between looking spent after throwing down a good performance and just not having the physical stamina. 

That's what I'm saying. The person/persons who get up every day 24-7-365, with a plan to outwork everyone else are more prone to achieve success. Members/employees are a direct reflection of their leaders.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Well we went to Parthenon yesterday, and the Gyro meat had an odd flavor. Not close to what I remember in 1981. Cant beet Skippys Gyros in Chicago. Were off to an old fashioned Wisconsin supper club tonight.

Parthenon hasn't had the best Gyros in Madison for years. Athens Gyros on HWY M easily has the best gyros now. They make there gyro cones from scratch and man does it show. 

4 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Parthenon hasn't had the best Gyros in Madison for years. Athens Gyros on HWY M easily has the best gyros now. They make there gyro cones from scratch and man does it show. 

Thanks. I wont return to Parthenon.

4 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

I concur. They were still good in the late 90’s, but I’d say since around late 2000’s it’s slipped.

3 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Thanks. I wont return to Parthenon.

Used to love hitting Parthenon after weekend camps and on trips back to Wisconsin. But last time back about 10 years ago, went there again and it just wasn't the same.

But I will have to check out that new one up on hwy M next time I'm back. Wish I could've made it back for this weekend! Hope you all enjoy the show tonight!

6 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I concur. They were still good in the late 90’s, but I’d say since around late 2000’s it’s slipped.

The corps or the gyros at Parthenon?  😆

As an aside, Gus K, the longtime manager at Parthenon, started the business on Hwy M that would become Athens.  They use the old Parthenon’s recipe.  Delicious.

Edited by msesq
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, msesq said:

The corps or the gyros at Parthenon?  😆

As an aside, Gus K, the longtime manager at Parthenon, started the business on Hwy M that would become Athens.  They use the old Parthenon’s recipe.  Delicious.

Both, my brother.

Went to the Whitewater show tonight. There are some nice moments in the Scouts show and some great chords from yesteryear, but this show feels, sounds and looks like they dusted off a show from the mid 1980's, or put together another alumni show.

Retro music can work but only with a great visual design. Scouts visual design isnt top 20.

Clean house BOD.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Went to the Whitewater show tonight. There are some nice moments in the Scouts show and some great chords from yesteryear, but this show feels, sounds and looks like they dusted off a show from the mid 1980's, or put together another alumni show.

Retro music can work but only with a great visual design. Scouts visual design isnt top 20.

Clean house BOD.

This. I said in another thread, there is no design whatsoever and it is glaringly obvious following top tier corps. The kids are doing a good job but they can only perform what they were given and what they were given isn’t much. There is a disconnect with Madison leadership as to what modern drum corps looks like. For the life of me I just don't get it. Perhaps a simple viewing of other World Class corps shows would share some insight, but who am I? I truly hope the kids have a great summer. They are working hard and have lots of people pulling for them. Sorry, but Madison needs leadership change soon, very soon.