Prsmpower4

2019 Madison Scouts!

Recommended Posts

That is still not a good stat from a competitive standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Exactly.  Mason was not interested in being there long term.  It was a 3-4 year project for him.  This is from people that were on that design team during the time. 

 

 

Yes, that was my understanding. One of Mason's folks is a high school buddy of mine and he confirmed worked with the Scouts for 3 or 4 years. I don't remember exactly how long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Searched this thread, but couldn't find anything: has anyone with Guidestar access checked the 990s lately? How's the corps doing financially?

The Bob Wall/Sal Salas era left the corps in poor financial position, from what I remember.

Until that's sorted out (or if the corps decides to blow money on higher-profile staff ... again) with or without a new board/executive team, placements not as high of a concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheSonOfSUAPYG said:

Searched this thread, but couldn't find anything: has anyone with Guidestar access checked the 990s lately? How's the corps doing financially?

The Bob Wall/Sal Salas era left the corps in poor financial position, from what I remember.

Until that's sorted out (or if the corps decides to blow money on higher-profile staff ... again) with or without a new board/executive team, placements not as high of a concern.

there were threads on here til at least 2016 I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheSonOfSUAPYG said:

Searched this thread, but couldn't find anything: has anyone with Guidestar access checked the 990s lately? How's the corps doing financially?

The Bob Wall/Sal Salas era left the corps in poor financial position, from what I remember.

Until that's sorted out (or if the corps decides to blow money on higher-profile staff ... again) with or without a new board/executive team, placements not as high of a concern.

Revenue and Expenses
Fiscal Year 2017
Source: Self-reported by organization
Revenue
Contributions, Grants, Gifts $373,062
Program Services $644,073
Membership Dues $0
Special Events $0
Other Revenue $176,002
Total Revenue $1,206,904
Expenses
Program Services $904,884
Administration $139,772
Fundraising $44,318
Payments to Affiliates $0
Other Expenses $0
Total Expenses $1,044,656

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Balance Sheet
Fiscal Year 2017
Source: Self-reported by organization
Assets  
Total Assets $210,574
Liabilities  
Total Liabilities $445,000
Fund Balance (EOY)  
Net Assets ($234,426)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Just watched the show...it's cleaning up and it's looking and sounding amazing!! They may not make the top 12, but if they continue to work hard, clean, and keep selling this show, they could climb a couple spots at least. Some of the drill moves/transitions are incredible, and I LOVE the music. I wish I could convince Elvord or whoever is in charge of the overall program to add some cool props to give them more GE points...and I'd offer to buy them if I had the money!! But overall, this is a VERY entertaining package and you can tell the guys LOVE performing it. At the end, you can see the look of satisfaction on the guys' faces as the crowd lights up!! The intro/opener and Young Persons Guide are some of my favorite pieces Madison has done in a long time!

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PamahoNow said:
Revenue and Expenses
Fiscal Year 2017
Source: Self-reported by organization
Revenue
Contributions, Grants, Gifts $373,062
Program Services $644,073
Membership Dues $0
Special Events $0
Other Revenue $176,002
Total Revenue $1,206,904
Expenses
Program Services $904,884
Administration $139,772
Fundraising $44,318
Payments to Affiliates $0
Other Expenses $0
Total Expenses $1,044,656

Why would Membership dues show as $0? 125 marching members @ $4K tuition = $500K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Why would Membership dues show as $0? 125 marching members @ $4K tuition = $500K.

Best Guess would be that MM tuition would be Program Services Income.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Not really how it went down. Madison hired Mason (and company) for a set amount of years - Maybe 4? to help the Scouts and they did well. It was never meant to be permanent. 

It wasn't mean to be permanent? Then I guess it makes sense to fire him. He had already planned the show concept for the next year, which he was going to share with members, when he was abruptly canned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.