Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You know you cannot be "on the heels" of a corps you will never meet all year, right?

I guess you told him. It doesn’t change anything however. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, I just got contracted for Madison on Lead Sop today, and I think the alumni and fans will all love this year’s show. Arguably one of the most demanding Lead books I’ve ever seen from any corp

Given the state of the thread, I got a kick out of seeing this in a shop window yesterday. posted from the DrumScorps app

Having sent tuition dollars to Madison and watched our son grow, mature, and perform the crap out of shows the last couple of years (before aging out) I can tell you I wish nothing but success for the

cixelsyd, I didn't say SCVC or BDB would beat Madison in competition, I stated their scoring rank and that another Open Class corps was "scoring right on their heels". Meaning a second Open Class corps is about to outscore the World Class Scouts.

No matter which way you look at it this season is a competitive failure for Madison. It's said that that the mantra within the corps is that they don't care about scores, but scores bring a commensurate level of talent to auditions, and it translates into lower suvie sales and lower alumni donations.  

Edited by Gantang
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gantang said:

Has anyone asked the BOD how far they are willing to let the Scouts drop before they make a substantial change?
 

1.  There’s not much farther to fall. 

2.  BOD has proven by its inaction to be ineffective and part of the problem. 

The necessary action is obvious. Do what the Cadets did:

1.  Flush the executive director and board of directors and replace all of them.

2.  Find and hire competent driven fresh staff eager to make a name for themselves turning around one of the true drum corps blue bloods. 

3.  Support them and be patient. Like we were with CK. He and his staff had many years to make this work and failed to do so. Time to move on. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

1.  There’s not much farther to fall. 

2.  BOD has proven by its inaction to be ineffective and part of the problem. 

The necessary action is obvious. Do what the Cadets did:

1.  Flush the executive director and board of directors and replace all of them.

2.  Find and hire competent driven fresh staff eager to make a name for themselves turning around one of the true drum corps blue bloods. 

3.  Support them and be patient. Like we were with CK. He and his staff had many years to make this work and failed to do so. Time to move on. 

raise money, lots of it

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Yes,  at least from what I could find at Guidestar.org.  I didn't look very hard at other locations.

Ok, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no problem and yeah BDB has been inching closer to a Saturday night spot every yeat

Agreed, I think they get underscored some times.  That is also a conversation for a different thread at this point. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gantang said:

Has anyone asked the BOD how far they are willing to let the Scouts drop before they make a substantial change?

BTW, I don't consider integrating in girls is a substantial change. It seems like more of a magicians' psychological misdirection

I thought hiring Jim Elvord, and the staff changes he has implemented so far in less than one year, would qualify as "substantial change".

1 hour ago, Gantang said:

cixelsyd, I didn't say SCVC or BDB would beat Madison in competition, I stated their scoring rank and that another Open Class corps was "scoring right on their heels". Meaning a second Open Class corps is about to outscore the World Class Scouts.

No matter which way you look at it this season is a competitive failure for Madison. 

That may be... but looking at scores in different time zones, for corps that will never meet, is pointless.  Why not just pre-emptively declare failure mid-season based on world class rank alone?

Quote

It's said that that the mantra within the corps is that they don't care about scores, but scores bring a commensurate level of talent to auditions, and it translates into lower suvie sales and lower alumni donations.  

I have not seen anyone say they do not care about scores.  But they probably choose not to wallow in negativity over them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

The necessary action is obvious. Do what the Cadets did:

1.  Flush the executive director and board of directors and replace all of them.

2.  Find and hire competent driven fresh staff eager to make a name for themselves turning around one of the true drum corps blue bloods. 

3.  Support them and be patient. Like we were with CK. He and his staff had many years to make this work and failed to do so. Time to move on. 

See, you actually think beyond simply firing the admins/BOD.  I can respect that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-season, Elvord was hyping how we're not only shooting to get back in the top 12, but high up into the top 12.

Well, as of tonight, you're around 7 points back from that goal. 

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BDB and Vanguard cadets made cuts, especially in guard.      The same can’t be said for Madison, who was barely able to fill their guard.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.