2019 Madison Scouts!

51 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

Most sound/noise ordinances are in effect from 22:00 (10:00pm) until 07:00 the following morning.  A corps would most likely be unable to start making noise/rehearsing before then.

This also does not take into account the nature of overnight bus trips and time of arrival to the next destination.  I think that proper sleep and downtime/floor time is important to health of membership and effective rehearsal/performance.  So, even though a corps may be able to rehearse more, that does not mean that they should.  More rehearsal time does not necessarily guarantee a better performance.  In my opinion, it is primarily about rehearsing smarter, not harder.

On average (if my memory serves me correctly), we had about 4.5 to 5.5 hours of rehearsal at Blue Devils in 2010 (on System Blue days, this maybe was more like 3 hours after clinic stuff is factored in).  We also were guaranteed four hours of floor time regardless of trip length/arrival time.  Least amount of injuries, illness, and bad attitudes in an ensemble I have ever seen.

So like 90’s Scouts. Exactly like.

7 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I think 2018 might have something to say about that. 

Oh yea...pink. awful too.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the "Troopers will not catch Scouts" comments earlier in the thread didn't age well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, churchboy said:

Scouts just had a great show tonight! Can we please talk about the 2019 season instead of dwelling on the past 

Ok. Madison got beat by the Troopers tonight. Scouts lowest placement ever was 16th last year and they are now ranked 18th. 18th!!!  They might not finish top 20. I am seriously concerned for the future of the Madison Scouts as their freefall in the last decade looks exactly like many other drum corps that we saw who folded. CK and this incompetent and failed regime has destroyed this once proud organization. Shame on the BOD for not firing this clown show years ago.

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Ok. Madison got beat by the Troopers tonight. Scouts lowest placement ever was 16th last year and they are now ranked 18th. 18th!!!  They might not finish top 20. 

Not to nit pick, but they are ranked 19th according to the DCI rankings when factoring in Open Class. Oddly, either no one who follows Madison on their Facebook Page is concerned or the Admins of the Page remove any negative content. According to the Followers, it's all roses and sunshine.

If you strive for and accept mediocrity you are certain to achieve it.

Edited by Gantang

5 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Not to nit pick, but they are ranked 19th according to the DCI rankings when factoring in Open Class. 

Luckily for Scouts, BDB and SCVC aren't heading to Indy. That would be a mess.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Luckily for Scouts, BDB and SCVC aren't heading to Indy. That would be a mess.

A face saving grace indeed. Al least Madison can say they didn't lose to them.