2019 Madison Scouts!

15 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

If within two years the Scouts are no longer in existence I wander sometimes how many people would even care? 

Madison Scouts are ranked 15-20 and it's an existential crisis.

Troopers are ranked 15-20 and it's business as usual. See you next year, Troop!

What realities apply to Scouts that don't apply to Troopers?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think you'd be surprised by how many would.  I'd sure be really sad.  

I'm trying to figure out where he goes when he wanders and why he felt the need to mention his occasional wandering

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Madison Scouts are ranked 15-20 and it's an existential crisis.

Troopers are ranked 15-20 and it's business as usual. See you next year, Troop!

What realities apply to Scouts that don't apply to Troopers?

15-20 and plummeting is the same as 15-20 and steady?  Thanks for that hot take. 

LOL "plummeting"

15-20 is 15-20. The idea of "plummeting" is grounded in the premise that what has happened before matters about what should happen today. Troopers are former national champions. Perhaps they are "plummeting," too? Just depends on your frame of reference.

No, the question stands: Scouts are 15-20 right now. Why is that a threat to their existence while no one seems to think it is a threat to the ability of other 15-20 corps to continue to exist?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

LOL "plummeting"

15-20 is 15-20. The idea of "plummeting" is grounded in the premise that what has happened before matters about what should happen today. Troopers are former national champions. Perhaps they are "plummeting," too? Just depends on your frame of reference.

No, the question stands: Scouts are 15-20 right now. Why is that a threat to their existence while no one seems to think it is a threat to the ability of other 15-20 corps to continue to exist?

2015-8

2016-13

2017-12

2018-16

2019-20

I’d call that a free fall. It’s also a fact that the alumni base is beyond fractured. Money isn’t coming in, the executive director is clueless, arrogant, and is blind to the trajectory, as are the board who are reportedly giving him a 2.5 year extension on his contract.

Id call that plummeting.

• Like 1

Stipulated for argument: The Scouts are plummeting.

So what?

The question remains: Why does that make their current residence in 15-20-land any different from, say, the Colts' more-or-less permanent residence in 15-20-land? Why does that make the Scouts in danger of disappearing, while the Colts are fully expected to have full camps and come back for 2020? Are the Scouts owed some kind of special concern because of what they did yesterday?

7 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Stipulated for argument: The Scouts are plummeting.

So what?

The question remains: Why does that make their current residence in 15-20-land any different from, say, the Colts' more-or-less permanent residence in 15-20-land? Why does that make the Scouts in danger of disappearing, while the Colts are fully expected to have full camps and come back for 2020? Are the Scouts owed some kind of special concern because of what they did yesterday?

I’d say it’s the alleged money not coming in and clueless upper management. As long as you have a solid management and money base and getting the recruits the placement can always change.

s/ guy who marched with a corps that was inactive for a year and was in DCA Finals 4 years after being inactive

Edited by JimF-LowBari

48 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

LOL "plummeting"

I just answered your question. It’s the trend that matters. 

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Might want to re-word that sentence.  At least two people were confused.

Edited for clarity, but the show design is crappy.

• Thanks 1