2019 Madison Scouts!

51 minutes ago, panama303 said:

would rather see The Madison Scouts FOLDD than to be a lower tier feeder corps to the current DCI hand picked top 6

believe that that Scouts have been purposely under scored for many years now

really is not a Drum and Bugle Corps anymore

mention of the present 15-20 corps

none of them except for the Scouts have been top 6 much top less 12 ever.  There has always been an expectation of the once powerful Madison  Scouts. 

If the BOD is the starting point of bad decisions, replace them. 

the BOD and Staff need replacing

I made a summary of this whole thread from your post, just by deleting words.

• Haha 2

Rather see a corps fold than see it be a lower tier corps? So much for giving a crap about the people who would never get a chance to march in the future. Spent time in a lower half Corps for a while (and did it twice). Beats the #### out of not having a Corps at all.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, panama303 said:

Well I think it is amusing to follow this thread.  However, just my 2 cents.  Personally, I would rather see The Madison Scouts FOLDD than to be a lower tier feeder corps to the current DCI hand picked top 6. 

Current "hand picked" top 6...

Bluecoats
Blue Devils
Santa Clara Vanguard
Carolina Crown
Boston Crusaders
Cavaliers

I can TOTALLY understand your frustration with how things have gone for the Scouts over the past few years...I think most DCI fans and DCI administration (and I dare say even DCI judges) would like nothing more than to see them flourishing and performing among the top again.  But to call the current top 6 "hand picked" is a bit degrading.  NONE of these corps are over night sensations.  None of them are "hand picked."

I admit I am a Bloo homer through and through, BUT I have never screamed louder over the decades than I have for the Madison Scouts.  There are thousands of "homers" for the 6 corps listed above (and corps not "hand picked") that would be beyond thrilled to see the Madison Scouts return to that level.

...and I wouldn't mind at all seeing them move one of the California corps out of that top 6 🙂  said with much respect to the California corps!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WarriorHal said:

The Troopers 2019 thread is 6 pages long; the Scouts thread is now 142 pages. That should tell you something about the level of interest and expectations for those corps among both alumni and long time drum corps fans.

Scouts made DCI finals every year from 1973 - 2001 and won DCI twice.  None of the perennial 15-25 place corps you mentioned earlier begin to compare to Madison in terms of their place in the history of drum & bugle corps.

And this is precisely what irritates me about all the hand-wringing about the Scouts. No one spares a concern for any other 15-20 corps. Only Scouts warrant concern and worry. Only the Scouts matter. The rest? Who cares about them? They can rot. Why? Because we love the Scouts -- gosh, they were so good! -- and we don't give two figs about Colts or PC or Troop or any other corps that didn't dominate the first half of DCI's life. Scouts deserve an emergency intervention because fans and alums have interest in them. Other corps? Sorry; can't spare any interest in them. It is pre-ordained by the drum corps gods that they shall remain 15-20 and like it.

It's arrogrant. It's condescending. It's the dark underside of the competitive nature of drum corps.

I, too, have loved the Scouts through the years, and I expect to love them for many years to come. But I will not consider their current situation to warrant a level of concern greater than is owed to any other corps in that area of the rankings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

And this is precisely what irritates me about all the hand-wringing about the Scouts. No one spares a concern for any other 15-20 corps. Only Scouts warrant concern and worry. Only the Scouts matter. The rest? Who cares about them? They can rot. Why? Because we love the Scouts -- gosh, they were so good! -- and we don't give two figs about Colts or PC or Troop or any other corps that didn't dominate the first half of DCI's life. Scouts deserve an emergency intervention because fans and alums have interest in them. Other corps? Sorry; can't spare any interest in them. It is pre-ordained by the drum corps gods that they shall remain 15-20 and like it.

It's arrogrant. It's condescending. It's the dark underside of the competitive nature of drum corps.

I, too, have loved the Scouts through the years, and I expect to love them for many years to come. But I will not consider their current situation to warrant a level of concern greater than is owed to any other corps in that area of the rankings.

This is a MADISON SCOUTS discussion. I would assume that no one is talking about Madison on the Blue Devils's discussion pages. I doubt Bears fans were concerned about the Green Bay Packers missing the playoffs for a second year in a row. 

29 minutes ago, Gantang said:

This is a MADISON SCOUTS discussion. I would assume that no one is talking about Madison on the Blue Devils's discussion pages. I doubt Bears fans were concerned about the Green Bay Packers missing the playoffs for a second year in a row. 

But that is precisely the thing.  People on this thread seem most perturbed about who is outranking them.  The Colts, like that is a sign of the apocalypse.  OMG, now we are behind Troopers.  People compare scores from other shows with corps Scouts will never compete against, just to generate new rage over how (gasp!) "feeder corps" are out-pointing Scouts.  So no, it is not really a Madison Scouts discussion, but more of a Colts/Academy/Troopers/Pacific Crest/BDB/SCVC rant.

And if maybe there was an ounce of sportsmanship along the way, congratulating these corps or at least acknowledging that their own improvements got them there, that might help.  But no, that would detract from the rage being stoked for the fire-everybody agenda.

And these are Scouts alumni?  Did they not teach sportsmanship when you marched?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

This is a Scouts thread. It must be hard for you to understand. It’s a Scouts thread. People generally discuss the Scouts on this thread. Can you guess why?  It’s because  it’s a Scouts thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I figured out Dann and Chris’s nom de plumes. 

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I think I figured out Dann and Chris’s nom de plumes. 

Want to share?

Why is there so much discussion about the Madison Scouts in this thread? :unsure: I came here to talk about a Game of Thrones reboot.

Maybe somebody should change the title, it's confusing. 

Edited by kkrepps