2019 Madison Scouts!

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

But that is precisely the thing.  People on this thread seem most perturbed about who is outranking them.  The Colts, like that is a sign of the apocalypse.  OMG, now we are behind Troopers.  People compare scores from other shows with corps Scouts will never compete against, just to generate new rage over how (gasp!) "feeder corps" are out-pointing Scouts.  So no, it is not really a Madison Scouts discussion, but more of a Colts/Academy/Troopers/Pacific Crest/BDB/SCVC rant.

And if maybe there was an ounce of sportsmanship along the way, congratulating these corps or at least acknowledging that their own improvements got them there, that might help.  But no, that would detract from the rage being stoked for the fire-everybody agenda.

And these are Scouts alumni?  Did they not teach sportsmanship when you marched?

Read more posts, other than the ones that fit your agenda. I’ve posted a number of times about many issues, but you keep being you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bottom line for Madison is the need for change across the board.  Status quo is not working.  Every year I generally see Madison live very early in the season and I just shake my head and look at my Madison alumni friends and utter the phrase "maybe next year".   This year show was unfortunately designed for another past decade.  The issue is not the members but the design.  The Madison rebuild has to first begin with new staffing and then several years of support while trying to move up the ranks.  

• Like 1

I have to say that I think The Madison Scouts need to keep being The Madison Scouts and don't focus on the negative. Keep their heads up and enjoy themselves. 

When I first watched the corps via the web I did not like the look of the uniforms. I totally changed my mind about that so I want to say to whomever designed them that you did a good job in my opinion. 

Keep it up and have a good run into finals. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'm thinking 64DaysLater is extremely frustrated that Madison is in a major free fall competitively and suggests they change their name.   Boston and The Cadets had several name changes, but neither corps was struggling, I believe, like Madison is right now.  

No, it really has nothing to do with their competitive success. It has to do with the organization going to coed, changing it's entire culture and the fact that the only presence the Scouts have in the city of Madison is a PO box. Rebranding like this would also respect the alumni of the corps and past years that were not coed. This rebranding would represent the "Scouts" in this new era. 

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

But that is precisely the thing.  People on this thread seem most perturbed about who is outranking them.  The Colts, like that is a sign of the apocalypse.  OMG, now we are behind Troopers.  People compare scores from other shows with corps Scouts will never compete against, just to generate new rage over how (gasp!) "feeder corps" are out-pointing Scouts.  So no, it is not really a Madison Scouts discussion, but more of a Colts/Academy/Troopers/Pacific Crest/BDB/SCVC rant.

And if maybe there was an ounce of sportsmanship along the way, congratulating these corps or at least acknowledging that their own improvements got them there, that might help.  But no, that would detract from the rage being stoked for the fire-everybody agenda.

And these are Scouts alumni?  Did they not teach sportsmanship when you marched?

This really isn't that difficult to understand...except for you apparently. The Madison Scouts... THE MADISON SCOUTS are currently ranked 19th. Drum Corp fans aren't used to seeing Madison behind Troopers, PC, SOA, Colts, etc... Drum corps fans are used to these other corps being ranked 15-20...but not the Madison Scouts...this is uncharted and rough waters for Madison. Surely you understand and recognize The Madison Scouts place in the history of this activity. The Madison Scouts are drum corps royalty, along with Cavaliers, SCV, Garfield, BD.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

This really isn't that difficult to understand...except for you apparently. The Madison Scouts... THE MADISON SCOUTS are currently ranked 19th. Drum Corp fans aren't used to seeing Madison behind Troopers, PC, SOA, Colts, etc... Drum corps fans are used to these other corps being ranked 15-20...but not the Madison Scouts...this is uncharted and rough waters for Madison. Surely you understand and recognize The Madison Scouts place in the history of this activity. The Madison Scouts are drum corps royalty, along with Cavaliers, SCV, Garfield, BD.

The same could have been said about the Blue Stars prior to '82. Welcome to the reality of rebuilding. 

5 hours ago, MidWestfan said:

The bottom line for Madison is the need for change across the board.  Status quo is not working.  Every year I generally see Madison live very early in the season and I just shake my head and look at my Madison alumni friends and utter the phrase "maybe next year".   This year show was unfortunately designed for another past decade.  The issue is not the members but the design.  The Madison rebuild has to first begin with new staffing and then several years of support while trying to move up the ranks.  

100% exactly right. It is outrageous that CK, DP & this failed regime are still employed by The Madison Scouts. Fire them NOW.

33 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

This really is difficult for you to understand, apparently.  There is no such thing as "drum corps royalty".  It is 2019, and judging is not based on "royalty" or what used to happen back in the 1970s. 

The Madison Scouts placed 17th in San Antonio because there were 16 better corps there.  You can accept that, or you can do something to help your team.  But no amount of firings or online tantrums are going to get Madison back in the top 6.

• Like 1