2019 Madison Scouts!

Deb - Very well stated.  

• Like 1

I saw the corps posted today they had to turn their leased food truck in....a week before finals. and help fund catered meals.

how in the hell do you not have a lease cover the entire season?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I saw the corps posted today they had to turn their leased food truck in....a week before finals. and help fund catered meals.

how in the hell do you not have a lease cover the entire season?

Catered meals for a week, for a full corps including staff, support staff, etc, is not going to be cheap. Good grief. :doh:

...well....but you know......ummm........renting a truck for the entire month of August when we're only going to use it for two weeks is a waste of money.............

????????

Hey, guys!  Good news, bad news..........I got us a GREAT deal on a food truck.........but it has to be turned in August 1st.........

Don't most or all world class corps these days have their own food truck?  Something just doesn't sound right.  The administration needs to be careful of how this is handled as it could have a negative impact on the future of the corps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcikon2 said:

Don't most or all world class corps these days have their own food truck?  Something just doesn't sound right.  The administration needs to be careful of how this is handled as it could have a negative impact on the future of the corps.

Might well be cheaper to cater meals for a week than rent a food truck for the entire month. Still, one would assume a corps as big as Scouts would have its own food truck. Weird.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the Madison Scouts have a larger cash flow problem than I realized.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Yes, most World Class corps have their own food trucks. And why the Madison Scouts don't have their own food wagon is beyond me...check that...they went years without having a souvie trailer, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

4 hours ago, billj said:

"Traditions" (there are other words that could be used) regarding exclusion based on gender are a dying breed, and for good reason.

Do you want a gold star from the teacher for all your excellent virtue signaling?  Well done!  Yes, you’re right, the Madison Scouts mission statement is (was) to exclude women.   That’s what they were all about. Wow.