2019 Madison Scouts!

17 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Their new brass arranger has me very intrigued. No arranging or even marching experience mentioned (in terms of drum corps), yet already an accomplished jazz composer/arranger.

EDIT: Upon further research, he did write for a SoundSport group (Rogues Hollow Regiment) this past summer.

This is the most fascinating hire of this offseason. 

The variability in age of this staff is incredible. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

This is the most fascinating hire of this offseason. 

The variability in age of this staff is incredible. 

do you see this as a plus or negative?  On one hand experience and exposure to many programs; OTOH perhaps new ideas, new approaches, different creativity

• Like 1

I see it as a plus. I aged out with Scott Boerma and within a yeR or two he was doing the arranging. If I remember correctly he was so good st a young age, he was making suggestions and marching in the line.

I'm going to be optimistic, as usual on this one.

• Like 1

It'll also be interesting to see that in a quest to return to Top 12 Status, the Madison Scouts decide to go back to becoming an All Male Drum Corps again or not. So far, there has been no announcement on what the make up of the Corps will be. However, the staff they have announced  for 2019 has me thinking they will return to an All Male Drum Corps for 2019.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

It'll also be interesting to see that in a quest to return to Top 12 Status, the Madison Scouts decide to go back to becoming an All Male Drum Corps again or not. So far, there has been no announcement on what the make up of the Corps will be. However, the staff they have announced  for 2019 has me thinking they will return to an All Male Drum Corps for 2019.

They had ONE female this year. 149 males...1 female in 2018. Not really a big stretch to go back to all-male in 2019.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

They had ONE female this year. 149 males...1 female in 2018. Not really a big stretch to go back to all-male in 2019.

True enough. We should know soon if they'll expand the numbers of females in line for 2019... or go back to becoming All Male.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

True enough. We should know soon if they'll expand the numbers of females in line for 2019... or go back to becoming All Male.

I remember reading something from Board President Greg Auby that any talk/plans of going coed would be shelved until after the 2019 season. 

On 9/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Their new brass arranger has me very intrigued. No arranging or even marching experience mentioned (in terms of drum corps), yet already an accomplished jazz composer/arranger.

EDIT: Upon further research, he did write for a SoundSport group (Rogues Hollow Regiment) this past summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QWXpI6QPc