2019 Madison Scouts!

5 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

You also said he had allowed Larson to be part of Capitalaires/Capital Sound, which is why I responded in the first place. It is true he was the director of the Capitalaireas, but that was nothing to do with Scott. He was then arrested and convicted, thus forming Cap Sound, which he was not part of in any regard, nor was he part of the Scouts organization other than his drum corps career before the Capitalaires, until the whole Kilties, Midwest Connection, and Jim Ott BE.

Was he part of the alumni project?

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Was he part of the alumni project?

No.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Morgan Larson was the reason that the Capitalaires were shut down, and Scott combined them with the Junior Scouts to create Capital Sound. After Morgan was arrested and convicted, he was not part of Capitalires, so Scott did damage control and created the coed Capital Sound. Capitalaires were also not under the MDBCA (the organizations name at the time), so Scott had no control over them, nor their hiring choices. The only time Scott brought ML in was with Kilties.

Wow. I marched with ML. I believe he was was one of our Sop screamers. I think his corps nickname was "Lunchbox". I had no idea that the Caps were shut down because of him.

The Caps were not shut down because of Morgan. Scott and Keith had been hashing out the idea of merging

the Caps and the Jr. Scouts more than a year before any of that came to light.

32 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

The Caps were not shut down because of Morgan. Scott and Keith had been hashing out the idea of merging

the Caps and the Jr. Scouts more than a year before any of that came to light.

I heard differently from a board member but I’ll take your word for it. I don’t think it actually matters now. 

• Thanks 1