2018: Apocalyptic Disaster

Seeing this doesn't give me any hope for the 2019 season:

Chris Komnick, Chief Executive Officer
Dann Petersen, Programs Director

17 wasn't that bad. far more modern and current than 16

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

While I will be surprised if they are fewer than 150 that may be where they are headed if the BOD doesn't step up. Back when I marched Madison was a place a lot of people wanted to march with. I sure as hell wouldn't want to march there today.

I would give up a lot to be able to march under Dann’s and Chris’s direction just one more time. Your criticism is misguided and aimed at the wrong people.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

2016: Disaster

2017: Disaster

2018: Apocalyptic Disaster

Seeing this doesn't give me any hope for the 2019 season:

Chris Komnick, Chief Executive Officer
Dann Petersen, Programs Director

2016 kink of meh..expected more. 

2017 was to me an excellent show, one of their best in 9 or 10 years.

2018 was not so hot for me, though I liked the music a lot, The soloist was excellent.

• Like 1

2019: I just want the Scouts to be the Scouts again...give the fans a visual and musical roundhouse kick to the face. The goal should be for every fan to walk out of a stadium saying, "they might not've won, but that was frickin' AWESOME!"

• Like 8

On 2/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, MikeD said:

2016 kink of meh..expected more. 

2017 was to me an excellent show, one of their best in 9 or 10 years.

2018 was not so hot for me, though I liked the music a lot, The soloist was excellent.

I give 2017 credit for trying to modernize, but I felt the show wasn't entertaining or interesting, and they lost their identity. When you look at the corps that are excelling most at modern drum corps (BD, SCV and Coats) they are doing so without losing their identity. You don't to completely change everything and come up with a new identity to modernize. I felt they tried to get their identity back in 2018, but fell short.

The soloist in 2018 was excellent, but I felt it was a huge waste of her talent. If you're going to do something as radical as having a female member in an all male corps, it's has to be compelling. There has to be purpose. There has to be a story. The story ended with "we are having a female member." They didn't add anything else to the story. It ended there. She wasn't given anything musically compelling to play, she wasn't given anything visually compelling to do, and she wasn't given a compelling story line. In the end, she just wasn't necessary.

I have so many other issues with the 2018. The BOD at Madison is a bunch of #######. The first thing that should have happened when Madison returned from finals week was a mass house cleaning, and Dann and Chris's heads should have been the first to roll.

Therefore, I have no faith in any improvement from Madison in 2019. The only thing the last three years have proved was the success in 2015 was a James Mason hangover and nothing more. 

This isn't, obviously, directed at the members. They put their hearts into their show and did the best they could. I just feel people need to speak up to save this organization.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rudy18 said:

Hey all, I just got contracted for Madison on Lead Sop today, and the show is definitely an improvement from 2018. Arguably one of the most demanding Lead books I’ve ever seen from any corps, and a big return to Madison tradition, though I can’t say any details yet of course.

Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rudy18 said:

Hey all, I just got contracted for Madison on Lead Sop today, and the show is definitely an improvement from 2018. Arguably one of the most demanding Lead books I’ve ever seen from any corps, and a big return to Madison tradition, though I can’t say any details yet of course.

have a great time!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 2:08 PM, Rudy18 said:

Hey all, I just got contracted for Madison on Lead Sop today, and I think the alumni and fans will all love this year’s show. Arguably one of the most demanding Lead books I’ve ever seen from any corps too, quite a chop buster!

Congratulations! I hope you have a great experience marching Madison and hope

you guys wow us in 2019!! 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:53 PM, weedyweidenthal said:

I would give up a lot to be able to march under Dann’s and Chris’s direction just one more time. Your criticism is misguided and aimed at the wrong people.

The Scouts have been a train wreck under CK & DP. Their finals placement numbers are pathetic.

• Like 2