Prsmpower4

2019 Madison Scouts!

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I truly hope that other corps follow the Scouts "no props" idea.

Good luck with that wish FM.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing I can say here other than I'm taking my kids to a show for the first time in a long while.  Propless is a start.  Let's dump the synth/overdub and I'll bring the entire extended family.  Music first, let the rest accent it and I may even buy them all a recording.  I know that's not the wave of the future, but if madaccoustic every happens I'll be first in line. 

It's a bit exaggerated, but I really do miss the days of live instruments making music without "reinforcement".

I have no idea how this year plays out, but Go Scouts!

Edited by contrascout
Sp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Just listened to Simon Dobson's Backlash....Wow! If they play it anywhere close to the original, it's gonna

blow the stands down. It's punchy/jazzy/funky/powerful!!

I am just listening to it now and you're absolutely right, this could work for Madison.  With Chuck Naffier doing the arranging, I know it will be a classic!!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, FlamMan said:

I truly hope that other corps follow the Scouts "no props" idea.

I would love if that happened. I would love if shows reverted back to having full wide open and readable drill, and sustained music, and the brass playing more. But, sadly, I don't think that's ever going to happen. 

And, no one is going to follow the lead of a 16th place corps, and they shouldn't. That would be a mistake. This is what I don't understand about Regiment and Scouts - everyone can see what is winning, yet both of their design teams fail epically. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I would love if that happened. I would love if shows reverted back to having full wide open and readable drill, and sustained music, and the brass playing more. But, sadly, I don't think that's ever going to happen. 

And, no one is going to follow the lead of a 16th place corps, and they shouldn't. That would be a mistake. This is what I don't understand about Regiment and Scouts - everyone can see what is winning, yet both of their design teams fail epically. 

This is why I have come to hate DCI with a passion....or not so much DCI, but the incestuous relationship between the WGI dominated design staffs and judges, who have collectively decided that DCI must become WGI Summer Edition (and they are all friends and associates by the way). They write the sheets. They decide what art is. And it's a very narrow definition. All this is done with a huge middle finger held out to the paying public. They do this to satisfy and impress themselves and their HUGE egos! Which is completely unjustified, because few of them are actual working artists. The majority of them are simply brainwashed students of postmodern drivel. (BTW, the authors of that philosophy state that all things traditional must be torn down piece by piece so that cultural marxiam can rule) But they have the power and influence over the activity. So the choice is, play the game and alienate loyal fans, (and still dropping in placement) or say eff you back to the intelligencia and at least win back some of the fans by doing what you love to do.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nine White Russians said:

This is why I have come to hate DCI with a passion....or not so much DCI, but the incestuous relationship between the WGI dominated design staffs and judges, who have collectively decided that DCI must become WGI Summer Edition (and they are all friends and associates by the way). They write the sheets. They decide what art is. And it's a very narrow definition. All this is done with a huge middle finger held out to the paying public. They do this to satisfy and impress themselves and their HUGE egos! Which is completely unjustified, because few of them are actual working artists. The majority of them are simply brainwashed students of postmodern drivel. (BTW, the authors of that philosophy state that all things traditional must be torn down piece by piece so that cultural marxiam can rule) But they have the power and influence over the activity. So the choice is, play the game and alienate loyal fans, (and still dropping in placement) or say eff you back to the intelligencia and at least win back some of the fans by doing what you love to do.  

DCI will always have the MMs mommies and daddies who will go to watch their kids. That will get you 10,000 butts in the seats at an absolute minimum. If all others gave up on it, and I think that’s what it would take to get the message across, that’s what you’d have. 10,000 people. Plus George D and Mike D who will go down with the ship, loving whatever is put out on the field. True believers those two 🤗

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, cavies79 said:

I am just listening to it now and you're absolutely right, this could work for Madison.  With Chuck Naffier doing the arranging, I know it will be a classic!!  

Absolutely this piece can rock if done well!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

DCI will always have the MMs mommies and daddies who will go to watch their kids. That will get you 10,000 butts in the seats at an absolute minimum. If all others gave up on it, and I think that’s what it would take to get the message across, that’s what you’d have. 10,000 people. Plus George D and Mike D who will go down with the ship, loving whatever is put out on the field. True believers those two 🤗

people threatened to leave when the third valve was added. Then Bb brass. oh and amps. then electronics. yet since 11, attendance has been on an upward trend. Funny how that works.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

people threatened to leave when the third valve was added. Then Bb brass. oh and amps. then electronics. yet since 11, attendance has been on an upward trend. 

Because none of those changes were made "since 11".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.