2019 Madison Scouts!

1 hour ago, CorpSmother said:

Correct. It's the same old crap every year. We hear during spring training every year how great the Scouts sound and look. Love the music and new unis. Blah blah blah. Then the season starts and it's the same old crap and here we are 2 points behind the Colts, THE COLTS! This is a lousy leadership team that has failed every single year and has infuriated and alienated the alumni base. Dear God, what must they do to get fired? Madison BOD, rid your organization of this clown show before they do further damage that you may not recover from.

They have failed every year, but then ARROGANTLY proclaim that their $#!^ doesn't stink. Then they gaslight any alumni that dare criticize them!! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, johnpendell said:

Don’t you worry about what they say man. Myself and MANY others enjoy your show, very much so. If you haven’t noticed, DCP tends to have a lot of the same folk on here, so what you read isn’t the thoughts of the masses! I agree with queenanne, get off here, pay no mind and enjoy your summer. If not, at least perform for those of us who support and are enjoying what we see! Most importantly, perform for YOURSELF. Your season should not be diminished by comments on an online forum. You got a fan here. Have a great rest of your season. 🙂

I agree 100%. Don’t read this stuff.  Enjoy your summer.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PTMoney12 said:

If middle of the pack performance is considered a "DISASTER" then I would hate to hear what you have to say about consistently bottom-12 corps. A couple of off years don't mean the corps is doomed. If it were then there's no way we would be marching a full roster.

As a member I can say the constant negativity online is a major source of frustration to vets and rookies alike. The show this year is a ton of fun and positivity and support from fans/alumni is a million times more of a motivator than "I hope we don't suck like last year."

No one is criticizing the marching members. For the zillionth time. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup. But alumni often feel entitled, just because they are alumni or write checks. the best you and your Brothers can do is just doing the best you can. I've won, and I've lostm and honestly had more fun the years we didn't win

Jeff, usually I agree with your thoughts but in this one we have a fundamental disagreement. I am very concerned about the survival of the organization. Full stop. That’s it. Nothing about entitlement. I don’t know where you get that from. We have all seen way too many beloved corps enter this death spiral of missing the top twelve and never climbing out of it, and ultimately going out of existence. The Scouts BOD needs to wake up and take action before it’s too late. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is important to support the members, no matter what issues you may have with the administration.  They have absolutely nothing to do with those decisions. 

I totally agree with you here.  I remember back in the 90's when corps staff told me not to pay attention to DCP.  I rarely post on DCP because I feel most of the comments are from "arm-chair designers" who put down shows.  It is actually quite sad that people criticize their own to a point that is hurtful to those who participate in the activity.  

Terri - You always remain positive!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I totally agree with you here.  I remember back in the 90's when corps staff told me not to pay attention to DCP.  I rarely post on DCP because I feel most of the comments are from "arm-chair designers" who put down shows.  It is actually quite sad that people criticize their own to a point that is hurtful to those who participate in the activity.  

Terri - You always remain positive!

I remember remaining positive about the Glassmen. And Magic Of Orlando. At some point you need to acknowledge that being realistic is not bad. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Name me a corps touring this season that doesn’t value member safety, health, getting their money’s worth. They all do. That’s the ticket to the game. If you don’t do that you have no business going out on tour (see Pioneer).  That’s the basics. In addition to that, corps also drive for competitive success and excellence. If you say they aren’t, you are fooling yourself. Scouts have lost their way in that. And it’s important. It’s vital to a corps survival. They need new leadership. Badly. 

We can all name several corps from the past year or two who failed on member safety alone.  That is why two of them are not touring this year, and a third really did need their director and BOD both replaced.

As for the rest, well, there is no reasoning with someone if they cannot distinguish between "pursuit of excellence" and "competitive success". 

You want new leadership?  Rick Valenzuela should be available soon.  Careful what you wish for.

9 hours ago, PTMoney12 said:

If middle of the pack performance is considered a "DISASTER" then I would hate to hear what you have to say about consistently bottom-12 corps. A couple of off years don't mean the corps is doomed. If it were then there's no way we would be marching a full roster.

As a member I can say the constant negativity online is a major source of frustration to vets and rookies alike. The show this year is a ton of fun and positivity and support from fans/alumni is a million times more of a motivator than "I hope we don't suck like last year."

I haven't seen this show yet- but I really enjoy the majority of Madison shows and I am really looking forward to this year. Madison has some of the most entertaining shows of all time.  Not that it matters that much- but I really love the uniforms!

And this right here is why I go to semifinals and not finals. I want to be entertained and am pretty far removed from the competition.

So much talent and passion in the middle corps and a lot of these shows are more enjoyable than the top group. Just get out there and do your best!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Impressive memory.

(By the way, DCP did not exist in the 1990s.)

I know you and I are having an argument now, but this is funny. 👍

• Like 2