2019 Madison Scouts!

11 hours ago, CorpSmother said:

If marching members need to be told to avoid these forums because some of you can’t control your verbal diarrhea, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your contributions. 

No offense, but I thought this was a drum corps discussion. Not a safe space for members. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I know you and I are having an argument now, but this is funny. 👍

Just out of curiosity, what year did DCP launch? I thought it was around 1997. And before that, we had RAMD (remember THOSE crazy days???)

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We had drums?  I had no idea. :laughing:

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that only because I did some looking and found out how far ahead the Guardsmen placed in horns vs how they placed in drums those years and I'd look like an idiot coming back with a smarta** reply. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

And before that, we had RAMD (remember THOSE crazy days???)

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, hostrauser said:

giphy.gif

My favorite read was always "She Who Must Not Be Named"! Her rants were epic (if not concerning). 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Wait...you had more fun the years you lost compared to the years you won? How is that possible?

easy....just go out and play. Once you start winning that pressure is on to keep winning, and it can feel like a chore....like if you then lose, you failed. Sure we had a hell of a party when we won, but it was more relief than joy....we did it, pressure was off. Sometimes winning changes attitudes, pressure is applied more than normal. Tensions can rise and tempers can flare. 

in my case, in 1995 with Westshore, going from 10th in 94 to 2nd was more fun than winning all but 1 show in 96. No pressure in 95, just keep going and see how high we can climb. By late July 96, everything became about the win, and the fun got sucked out of things. Tempers flared, some fights and arguments got heated. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tesmusic said:

1000% yes. All of this. But the time has come for a call to action. My beloved corps is at more of a crossroad now than ever and someone MUST do something. The members, fans, and alums deserve more than this. 

#riseup #accountability #ownuptoyourbullshit #quitcallingmeadinosaurifyoukeepfailing

there's a way to call for action, then there's this thread

• Like 1