DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Alright here we go.  Hopefully they do better audio and camera work than they did on the Anthem....

1 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Is LOS selling beer/wine? Inquiring wives want to know! 

Definitely yes on beer. Unclear on wine.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SOA Dad said:

The last time I saw my son perform at Lucas Oil was at BOA Grand Nationals finals in 2014. Looking forward to seeing him with Spirit and the other corps (sadly I won't be there for the entire day, but a nice chunk of it). It's been a great ride for them this season....very proud of their resurgence this year. KSA SOA!   

Ditto SOA dad! From BOA Finals in 2016 to DCI Finals in 2018. Go SOA and SCV! 

• Like 1

Watching hi-cam for the first time of the season today. How was the camerawork yesterday?

Wow audience cam.  Looks like a light crowd for these early corps.  They don't know what they are missing!!!

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

BD wishes they had this in force on Finals Night 2008 to determine " too close to call ".

But PR won by TWICE that margin, right? No one would even CONSIDER calling that one controversial. Everybody was happy.

Based on what I saw in person in Allentown and the prelims in the theatre last night, I now believe that the Cadets should be over the Cavies, BAC should be over Crown (based on Boston's Visual/Guard/GE), and both BD and SCV should be 3 points ahead of Bloo visually....the Jazz Club thing is cool , but I am still horrified by the complete visual shutdown that Bloo goes into frequently throughout the show. Where's the beef?

My favorite corps last night:  1. Boston (no surprise there)  2. Cadets (Like BAC, they move  alot, and well) 3. Blue Devils ( I love the drive-in portrait and I can't get past SCV's terrible fitting costumes)

• Like 1

Spartans color guard looks AWESOME.  Speaking of their color guard... they are beating a LOT of world class color guards.  Just excellent.  The only guard to beat them all the way up to Madison is BDB, and just barely.

Great feature during Claire de Lune.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1