DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Gold.  I wonder if they'll go with black on the right and white on the left next year so they can use the other half of the pairs of marching shoes they bought for this year?  

• Haha 2

GENESIS....Terrific Show....and I  just Love your ACADEMY style Unis! Nice to see another Corps bring such a classy look to the Field.

Edited by CorpsRelic
Corrected typos
  • Like 2

Just now, CorpsRelic said:

GUARDIANS....Terrific Show....and I  just Love your ACADEMY style Unis! Nice to see another Corps bring such a classy look to the Field.

Psst. Texas is right but that was Genesis.. ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SOA Dad said:

Enjoy your son's two performances coming up!!!!

I think #3 is out of reach, barring something incredibly unusual. I don't know the last time a corps overcame a 1.25 point deficit after prelims to nab a spot in finals. I know Boston was down like .7 or .8 two years ago to Madison, but that's a sizable difference.

In 2003, Spirit finished in 14th in quarterfinals (the spot they had been in basically all season), and were 1.55 behind the 12th place Blue Knights. The next night in semis, they finished in 12th, leapfrogging Glassmen and Blue Knights to make finals. So yes, it CAN happen, even when it seems unlikely.

Just now, MikeN said:

No, no, let them speak.  I like this "Guardians in Semis" idea.

Mike

Won't be long the way they're developing!

Genesis was a bit uneven as far as passion is concerned. I'm wondering if the threat of not making semi's motivated them a bit yesterday at prelims.

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Psst. Texas is right but that was Genesis.. ;)

Thank You! Duly noted and Corrected. Genesis was incredible, like everything in Texas!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Genesis was a bit uneven as far as passion is concerned. I'm wondering if the threat of not making semi's motivated them a bit yesterday at prelims.

I actually thought their run today was better. 

• Like 1