DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

Oh, them.  That was a different era.

The Academy debuted at 13th in 2007.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Fracker said:

uh, anyone got a new watermark from flo?

posted from the DrumScorps app

I had it briefly and then vanished. Generally, the feed seems much more “pixely” than at any point in the season. Noticed it yesterday, but thought it was a storm in my area. Could it be an issue with slower data coming out of this stadium? I reset all my equipment to clear out the line before turning it on.

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The Academy debuted at 13th in 2007.

I constantly wonder how 08-present would be for them if they'd made Finals first year out of the box.

The tie-in between corps and theme has never been so right as with Pacific Crest and Hollywood.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

Oh, them.  That was a different era.

Also Cascades 2002....I guess that was another era now too. Star and Cascades are the only two corps to have made finals their first year in Division 1/World Class. Academy got close their first year I believe, but so far no one else has done it. I feel honored to share that stat with such a storied corps! Fun fact, we had Star’s old equipment and kitchen trucks that year. You could even see the old Star logo under the paint if you looked close enough. 

I thought La La Land was just an OK film, but Pacific Crest has made the most of it.

• Like 1

I like the new age of uniforms/costumes in drum corps, but holy cow these uniforms on PC are absolutely beautiful!

• Like 2