DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Well Spirit, thanks for an incredible season and a magnificent show.

Crossmen, beat Phantom.

Phantom, get a better design in '19.

Mandarins, stay in 10, I still want the Blue Knights ahead of you.

And wow, I'm super surprised Colts topped Academy! Both corps should be immensely proud of their season though!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I know the number of snares and tenors often vary widely between Corps, but do any Corps march more than 5 basses?  I've seen a few with 4, but no one with 6.

My 350 strong college marching band the Pride of West Virginia used to play "drum corps greatest hits."  It was a great time since I never marched in a drum corps.  We essentially marched two drum corps and played to both sides of the 65,000 seat stadium. 

Our drum line marched nine bass drums.  That would be a full octave and we would find a monster to march the impact bass drum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Spirit out by over a point and a half; a pretty judicious margin. I'm fine with that --- Crossmen were on fire and I didn't feel Spirit was as much. 

Academy & Colts another point behind Spirit and very close to each other, I can get behind that as well.

Troop leap frogs SCVC, I can REALLY get behind that!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

Wow, Jay Kennedy really ripped Phantom in Music Analysis

That was one thing. Oliviero giving them a 16.6 in VA is even worse.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

So what do you think Mandarins are going to do tomorrow? Not actually at Finals, I'm talking about life, right after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My 350 strong college marching band the Pride of West Virginia used to play "drum corps greatest hits."  It was a great time since I never marched in a drum corps.  We essentially marched two drum corps and played to both sides of the 65,000 seat stadium. 

Our drum line marched nine bass drums.  That would be a full octave and we would find a monster to march the impact bass drum.

WVU used to have 350 people in the band? ####, is it still that big?

Thats a great score for Troopers! We didn’t need a judge for us to see that they outperformed SCVC today!

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 2